Serafina + Coram = forever

Storyteller:

There is a saying that every star in the universe holds a secret. The brightest of them all has a secret about a young girl, and the dust will aid her throughout her journey. A journey that will change the entire existence of space and the hidden rules within every star. Folks wandering at night whisper about how this girl would at some point in her life change the entire universe. Uncover every secret and save every innocent soul.

Once upon a time before the change of the universe, there was a sailor. A sailor drifting in open waters, underneath a field of share, were all matter, energy, planets, galaxies, dust, and space. The area of space was dotted with stars, each representing the law of the universe, and a silvery moon representing the almighty side. But it was too much for a sailor to understand. The law of the dust was not anywhere near close to the sailor's proximity of comprehending. The only thing he knew was how to fulfill his promise to return with fish, to later sell in the market. To make a living. To complete a sailor's duty in his given place. The universe was a place of always and obediently expecting answers from the lethal and their conceptions; whether it was drifting through the ocean fast or slow, and following our dust, the track was laid. There was a saying and the saying was wandering around like a ghost at night. Those who did not follow the stars were engulfed by the universe. Nobody knew where the disobey souls went. Nobody dared to ask.

Farder Coram:

Dewy hassocks and frosty roots caress the hull with a soothing hissing sound. Nothing else but the silence of the swamp. Misty cold air embraces my body and seeks its way down the neck of my fur. The familiar. Yet another day in a sailor's life. I'm drifting towards open waters with a promise to return with plenty of fish and seal to sell at the market. Our lives are depending on it. All men and women have their given place in our community. There is no other way. We are bound. Though I treasure my lonesome weekends more than anything. And never am I alone. Lovisa, my daemon, purrs at the bow, and her golden hair is shining as if it was a summer's day. Never would we seek a love that is of greater comfort to us than the rocking sea, the northern breeze, and the shimmering lights of the wondrous Aurora. No signs of it today. The palette of colors surrounding us is grey and white...

But suddenly, a vague glimpse of red appears in the distant sky, and it's coming up closer. A bright flame. Fire! Lovisa growls and flattens her ears against her head. I raise my bow as I wait for the attack, and I squint my eyes to seek for the shadows of a ship in the horizon. But nothing. And the clouds scatter for a moment, just long enough to reveal the scene above. What seemed to be a fireball, but flying instead, is speeding towards another bird-like figure in black. A witch! And this red animal is her daemon? No. This is a hunt. The female seems tired. She loses speed, tries to shake off her chaser, ducks. I aim with my arrow and set it off so that it pierces the throat of the fiery creature. But too late. The witch has already been hit in a collision with the feathered creature I killed, thrown off her broom, and is now rapidly tumbling down to face the muddy waters.

- "Coram!" Lovisa exclaims in terror, "Can she swim?"

- "I dunno 'bout witches and water Lovisa, but I wouldn't dare to say that anyone unconscious's fit for swimming." I doubt for a moment.

- "Do you mean..."

- "There's no other way."

We are not fond of getting wet, but not less than we dislike avoiding a fellow in trouble. I think this as I toss off my heavy clothes and dive into the direction of the giant splash. Lovisa clings to my shoulder.

- "Can you see something?" I crawl in the blindness of the thickening fog above the surface and pray that Lovisa's vision is stronger than mine.