15

SUICIDE HOTLINE:
800-273-8255

DRUG&ALCOHOL HOTLINE:
1-800-662-4357

Ariella

my head snaps up along with my body jolting away from the figure standing two feet in front of me, "i'm fine."

a young girl, looking to be around my age, possible a little older was starring down with wordy in her eyes.

she was dressed in a black tank top with an oversized grey jacket, half way zipped. her grey joggers match her grey jacket and her shoes were plain white vans.

she had a beautiful shade of blonde hair that was thrown into a long, slick back ponytail as she had a bare face.

"oh love, you're shaking! the beginning is always hard on the body, come on now, let's get you inside," she squats down next to me, gripping my hands. the pads of her fingers graze over my open blisters on my palms, causing me to hiss and pull them back.

without a word, she flips my cold hands over to reveal my open wounds, "worked you hard today, huh? i have some ointment in my cabin that'll help these heal, let's be quick before someone sees."

she carefully leads me to stand on my feet, acting as i'm a fragile leaf, not wanting to hurt me.

with her arms linked with mine, she walks us down the curving path which eventually leads us to one of the many large cabins.

she opens the door, letting a gust of warmth hit my body. it was very cozy and homey in her cabin, a lot nicer than the one i'm in.

"oh, you've got a nice cabin."

her warm voice giggles, "it is pretty nice, most importantly it's warm. i've always hated the cold so we make sure to always have the heat going during this season."

i nod as she directs me to sit at the dinning table that was sat next to the kitchen. she left for a moment before returning with a small first aid kit.

"you're lips are turning purple, how long have you been out there?"

"uh- i- since the afternoon—"

she shakes her head, "now i've told him about keeping you guys out there that long! you'll all get sick and it'll be his fault when none of ya can fight."

my brows furrowed, i thought she was apart of this? i was confused from the beginning with her helping me instead of killing me.

i think she caught on to my confusion, "i'm not apart of the the hunt," she began dabbing at my wounds with a cotton ball and clear liquid.

"then why are you here? why would you want to be here, you're going to get hurt—"

the sounds of pitter patter hit the floor along with tiny giggles, my head shoot over to the sounds in fear, not knowing what was happening.

i wouldn't be surprised if some paranormal demon came running at me like a dream, this whole place is a nightmare.

my thoughts were going a million miles a second, trying to make a sense of my life right now.