Chapter 33

i just wrote this impulsively on a sugar high while blasting all of the AOT openings on repeat in my headphones instead of doing much needed homework, it's not even good. oops

☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎

I stood in the safe zone along with all my other teammates. The test had just started and we decided to make a plan of action. Aguero stood across from me and looked like his mind was running a million miles per second.

"Isn't this test a bit unfair? Even though he's alone, he's still a ranker," Shibisu complained.

"But it's a good thing that he is the weakest looking ranker," Aguero reasoned, and I nodded.

"We have all of the positions on our team so we can work together well," I added.

"He may be a ranker but he can't use items or strengthen his body. He's also limited to using the shinsu only once. It's not that bad," Aguero agreed.

"But still, he's a ranker Khun and Lyra," Shibisu repeated.

"Well, I suppose that's true. But now, to over come our despair, shouldn't we pick a leader?" Aguero suggested, and I immediately raised my eyebrows.

'This sneaky bastard is going to make himself be the leader, not that I mind though,'

"How should we do it? Should we vote?" he continued, sounding quite innocent.

'Aguero can manipulate people so easily.' I noted, watching the way people listened to him.

"I think you should be the leader. Plus, you're a light bearer, and I think they'll agree with me too," Shibisu explained turning to look at the regulars behind him, with only one of the spear bearers looking skeptical.

'If I remember correctly, it's the little dude with the anger issues that Aguero told me about.'

"Ok. All of you may now refer to me as the leader," Aguero concluded quickly. A little to fast because it looked like the regulars realized they played right into his plan.

"You couldn't have been less blunt about that?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"That was fast! Did you already know you'd be the leader?" someone asked.

"Well you know me," he answered smugly.

"Then, to officiate me becoming the leader, let me ask you a question, how should we plan to catch the seeker?"

"Huh?" I didn't expect him to say that.

"What?! What are you talking about? He's a ranker! We should just run to the exit-" the skeptical spear bearer started protesting, and I had to partially agree with him.

'Its practically suicidal to try to match up against a ranker.'

"No. We'll catch him. If he's the seeker that would be easier don't you think?" Aguero interrupted him.

"I don't-" I started saying.

"Yes, that's right. So you already knew," Shibisu agreed with Aguero, ignoring me.

"I am good at judging others," Aguero nodded.

"What do you mean? Explain it to us!" the spear bearer asked and I nodded along with him.

"Um, so, I know him well because he was my teacher, and he's really childish. The class was basically centered around him, and doesn't like losing," Shibisu started explaining, "He said he'll go easy on use but I don't think so."

"He will stop us from getting out even if it means killing us."

'Oh shit, I don't want him kill me.'

"Frankly speaking, there is a very low chance that we can escape him," Shibisu concluded.

"But then won't it be harder to catch him?" I asked Aguero.

"No, not necessarily. He would never even have imagined we'd try to catch him," he answered.

"Wouldn't he think of all possible scenarios though?"

"He wouldn't have planned for what to do if we tried to catch him, he underestimates us," Aguero explained, "He think he won't lose to regulars and only will think of ways to catch us,"

"On the other hand, he assumes that regulars wouldn't even dare trying to catch him. Because he a ranker who has been up the tower,"

"We are nothing compared to that."

Everyone was quiet for a couple of seconds, thinking over what Aguero said.

"Way to motivate us, I like it. I'm in," I broke the silence.

"Me too. Also, they said they will give more points to the team who steal the badge," the girl with the shinsu wand added in.

"Ok, I'm in too," everyone concluded.

"We've come to a decision Khun," Shibisu stated.

"Ok, then lets go and catch that ranker," I clapped and got ready.

"First we need some bait," Aguero said sinisterly.