Chapter 13

"I don't like this. Any of it. You should not have to do this on your own!" Marilyn said angrily.

"Why can't you ever just let things go?

"Your going to throw your life away trying to out smart this hunter. I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"You think I don't know what this is about?"

"What do you mean?"

"I told you the same thing I told Claire."

"Let's make something clear. I am not Claire so do not compare us."

He rolled his eyes.

"I fell in love with you, okay?"

"I can't help how I feel, Storm. I'm human remember? We're emotional creatures."

He inhaled deeply. Then rested his hands on my shoulder.

"If I was still human things would be different. I just can't, Marilyn." He said softly.

"Storm."

The room fell quiet. I stared at him trying to fight my tears. He looked up at the ceiling and ran his fingers through his hair. Storm paused and then let a long sigh. For a moment he hesitated. Then we locked eyes and he spoke.

"There is no point in me telling you that I love you when I am possibly going to die soon."

"You don't have to fight, Storm. Come with us! We can survive this together!"

I held his hand tightly in mine waiting for him to respond. But he never did. The hope I held for the both of us was not the same emotion he felt. The room fell silent again. I just wanted to hear him say that he will come with us. That way no one has to die. That we can be together. But I knew in reality that was never going to happen.

The silence started to fade away. From a distance there was shouting that sounded like it was coming from outside. Seconds later Benedict bust through the door frantically. He had an arrow stuck in his lower abdomen. Benedict falls to one knee with blood dripping on the floor. The voices from outside comes closer and closer.

"What's going on?" Storm asked.

"Give me a second."

Benedict sucked in his breath and removed the arrow throwing it on the floor. He stood up slowly covering his wound with his hand.

"The towns people are outside the mansion rioting."

"What? Why?"

He stumbled backwards then caught himself.

"I think that arrow was poisonous. I feel light headed."

"Should we call Claire?"

"There's no time for that. Benedict I want you to take Marilyn and leave."

"Did I not make myself clear earlier? I am not leaving you."

"I am not asking you. I am telling you."

"Marilyn, come on we don't have time for this."

A loud noise echoed throughout the mansion. Parts of the building started to fall and crumbled.

"Your crazy to stay here and..."

"Sorry, but it was the only way she would make out."

"Just go before it's too late."

NOTE:
Hey, I know I have been inactive but I am going to still finish this story! I just been busy and occupied with other things. But I will start back to updating more on this story as well as Bad Blood. Stay tuned and sorry for another short chapter. The next one will be longer!