Chapter 3

I opened my eyes and everything was a blur. I was surrounded by unfamiliar voices and agonizing pain coming from my head. I must of hit it or something when I fell. The last thing I remember was running and being ambushed by two figures and then blacking out. I was handcuffed to the bed I was laying on inside of a cell. A woman and man stood by the door talking. She was about 5'5, had long wavy dark brown hair, glowing ebony skin and cool grey eyes. She was stunning. As for the man next to her, he had tan skin and was about 5'10 with black hair and brown eyes. "Glad to see your finally awake." She said opening the cell. She walked towards me slowly reaching for a bag that was sitting in the corner. Then she placed it on the end of the bed and pulled out a piece of leather. It looked like it was part of a jacket.

"If you cooperate then things won't have to get ugly." The man said standing beside her. She stepped closer to me and placed the piece of leather beside me.

"I know about your powers Marilyn. It would be wise for you to help us. But just know if you don't this will end badly for you."

I inhaled deeply. Then exhaled slowly. How did she even know who I was or about my powers. There's not much I can do but help. They could very well kill me if they wanted to. Just like they did my family. I hope Nathaniel is fine.

"That pretty boyfriend of yours is fine. We had him transported to a different location where he will better benefit our needs." She said with a sly smirk. "I want you to touch this piece of leather and tell me everything you see."

"Will you let me go if I help you?" She raised her eyebrow and looked at her partner then back to me.

"I'll consider it. Now tell me what you see."

I picked up the leather and ran two fingers across the front while holding it in my palm. I focused my body and mind strictly on the leather and caught a glimpse of a man. He had red eyes and fangs. He had blood dripping from his mouth onto his chest. He walked around a body that was laying on the ground motionless and then he dived right onto the body and ripped one of the arms off splattering blood. He tossed the arm to the side and then set the body on fire. I gasped and then he looked up at me and headed towards me. Before he could reach me I broke concentration and I was back in the real world.

"What happened? Did you see him?" She placed a hand on my shoulder trying to help me calm down.

"T-There was a vampire who just ripped a man's arm off and set him on fire." He was covered in blood and had these imitating red eyes."

"That's him. That's the beast."

"Beast?" From what I just witnessed I can see why he would be called a beast. There's no way that man is an ordinary vampire. Which means he must be hybrid. These vampires must be idiots thinking they can go against a hybrid. Not even twenty vampires would put a scratch on him.

"Is that what you think, sweetie?" The woman leaned close to me so her face was directly aligned with mine. She pushed her hair back and smiled. I keep forgetting that they can hear what I'm thinking just like I can hear them.

"I wouldn't think so much if I were you girl." The man said with a stern look on his face while crossing his arms. I gulped and pushed myself away putting some space between us.

"I want you to tell me where he is. I want his location and anything that will help us find him."

Without hesitation I did what she said the second time although I was terrified. Then I started to wonder how it was possible for him to see me? No one should ever be able to see me when I'm inside their head. Once I found him again he was still there with the same body. Tormenting that poor man. I just put my hands over my mouth and stood still but I guess he felt my presence because he looked at me right away. He then moved quickly and vanished into the dark night. About three seconds later I felt a tall figure standing over me. I stood very still and tried not to make any contact. He placed a hand on my neck and I somehow gave him an electrical shock. He grinned. "That's different." He said walking from behind to center himself right in front of me. I turned my head to the right to avoid any eye contact but he grabbed my chin and moved my face in front of his. His eyes changed from red to blue. It was beautiful the way they illuminate in the night. What am I saying? He's a cold blood hybrid. Any second he would probably rip my head off my body.