{9} A Familiar Face (Moana)

TW: None

Hey guys. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for my inconsistent updates. But I promise that this chapter is a great one. I swear on the Styx.

 I swear on the Styx

5 months later

I've been a year-round camper for the past two years, and my skills have significantly improved. I was actually been thinking I was a child of Hermes because of the fact I'm good at a lot of things, including archery, races, and swimming. But I don't think the powers I'm manifesting are children of Hermes' powers.

Once I got stuck under a canoe and didn't run out of breath for about three minutes, but after I couldn't breathe went up for air. And sometimes, I'll be in the pegasi stables talking to myself, and sometimes the pegasi will speak back.

Like last week, it was my turn to feed the pegasi, and I was talking to myself about how no one takes me seriously because of my height and age. A pegasus named Guido looked at me and said, Well, here's what you gotta do, kid. Show 'em you're not to be messed with. That'll show 'em.

"Thanks, Guido," I said. "Wait, did you just talk?!" Guido just started neighing. I thought it was just all in my head, but I decided to advise people that they don't want to mess with me.

A few weeks ago, Grover showed up at camp with a kid in his arms. (Grover is a sayter, by the way. A half-goat, half-boy person.) My friend Annabeth went to take care of the kid, and we all went along with our regular activities.

Annabeth went to check on him again while we were practicing. "You want to come?" She asked.

"A'ole," I said. "I'm fine training here."

When Annabeth left, Ethan came running up to me. "Moana! Look what I found in the armory."

Ethan held up a black eye patch and put it on.

"Cool," I said, "but don't you need both your eyes to fight?"

"But what if I need to know how to fight with one eye?" Ethan asked. "Like when you learn a new language."

"Okay," I said. "You can try, but I doubt you'll need it."

After swords practice, I went back to the Hermes cabin to take a break. Ethan came with me wearing his new eye patch. We raced with each other, and I won. Ethan ran into the door on his way in. I couldn't help but laugh.

Annabeth brought the new kid to the Hermes cabin. Of course, I didn't want the kid to be scared of me like how people are of Clarisse, so I went up to introduce myself.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi, I'm Percy."

"Percy?" I asked. "I'm Moana, don't you remember me?"

"Nope," Percy said. "You do kinda look familiar. Have we met?"

"Yes, your mom volunteered to take care of me."