Process of Healing

Sonic and Shadow walk side by side while Mephiles followed them from behind. The two of them felt very uneasy because even though he's there to cure Silver, it still felt dangerous for them to bring him to Blaze's castle.

"Shadow...do you really think we can trust him? He even copied your look" Sonic whispered.

"He's our only hope to cure Silver...so we must put our trust to him" Shadow whispered back.

They peeked behind to stare at the monster, he seemed to be very calm and just followed them without any problem.

"This is too easy it pisses me off" Shadow whispered angrily and startled Sonic.

"Hey, be glad he's not putting up a fight" Sonic punched his arm lightly.

The three of them entered the deep forest. It was very quiet and no one was around, they started to feel nervous because Mephiles might attack them.

"So...how long till we get there?" Mephiles asked.

"Uh- in about an hour" Sonic said.

"That's really taking a long time, why don't we just warp there? Where is he anyway? Just tell me" Mephiles sighed impatiently and stopped walking.

Sonic and Shadow stared at each other again, they showed the expression of disbelieving towards Mephiles. They didn't know whether it'd be good or not for them to tell him the location right away.

"Warp? Like teleportation?" Shadow turned around and asked him.

"Yes" He nodded "so where exactly is Silver?".

Shadow closed his eyes and sighed, he did say that he and Sonic needed to trust him so he's gonna do it.

"Blaze's castle"

Mephiles created a purple aura and immediately teleported the three of them there.

....
....

Blaze was standing near the door of Silver's room. She watched her friend still laying on the bed unconscious, it made her felt guilty for not protecting him on the fight yesterday. She sighed and was about to leave the room, but she stopped when a glowing purple aura was formed right beside Silver's bed. She turned around and gasped when she saw Sonic and Shadow with Mephiles.

"You guys found him! I'm so glad to see you all!" Blaze welcomed them with pure joy.

"Yeah! We're glad we could find him in a day" Sonic smiled.

Mephiles looked to his left and saw Silver laying on the bed. He could clearly sense the poison flowing inside his body, it was a very nasty one too. He saw the drip infusion on Silver's left hand before staring at Blaze.

"Can you remove that?" He asked.

"Wha- why?" She questioned.

"You have to remove that in order for me to take his poison out" Mephiles simply said.

The explanation coming from him was unclear but Blaze followed him anyway, so she called the medic and asked him to remove the drip infusion. Mephiles also insisted to remove all of the bandages that were covering Silver, because he told them it'll also be cured.

Sonic and Shadow watched the scene nervously, they were really worried about Silver and they still have their doubts on the monster.

"There you go" The medic backed away.

Mephiles walked closer and placed his hand on Silver's forehead. Both of them suddenly glow in a dark aura and made the room cold. Sonic hold on to Shadow's arm as they watch in horror.

A few seconds later the dark aura was slowly vanishing away and the room wasn't cold anymore. Mephiles let his hand go and folded his arms while waiting for Silver to wake up.

"Ng- uh...."

Blaze smiled in tears as Shadow and Sonic had a complete look of shock. Silver was waking up, it seemed that Mephiles had cure him from the poison.

"Wh...where...huh? Shadow?"

Mephiles chuckled and shook his head "It's me, Mephiles".

Silver stared at him confusingly.

"Didn't you say you left the city? You...you wanted to explore the world...why are you here?"

"Ah, well...those two informed me that you're poisoned, so I have no choice but to return for you to take the poison out"

those two informed me that you're poisoned, so I have no choice but to return for you to take the poison out"

"I see...thank you" Silver smiled weakly.

"Silver! Silver I'm so glad you're cured!" Blaze ran in and gave him a hug. Shadow and Sonic also smiled knowing that Silver was gonna be alright.

"He might still have a fever from the shock of that fight, but his poison is all gone so you don't have to worry about that" Mephiles explained.

"I guess we really should put more trust on you Mephiles, sorry" Sonic apologized to him.

Mephiles blinked and invisibly smiled.

"Yeah, sure"

He turned away and headed towards the door, Silver noticed that and he tried his best to sit up.

"Mephiles, wait!"

He stopped and turned himself around to see Silver.

"What?"

"Are you leaving...the city?" Silver asked and he nodded.

"Um...couldn't you stay for a while?"

They both stare at each other for a moment before Mephiles sighed and nodded his head.

"Fine. Blaze, where's the closest room from here?" He asked and made Silver smile.

"Turn right then left, second door" She said.

"Got it. I wanna rest" He sighed again and left the room.

Shadow approached Silver and stared at him questioningly.

"You could've let him leave"

"I haven't seen him in a while you know" Silver pouted.