Chapter One

I woke up hoping that yesterday was a dream I didn't work. My first day being the commander was full of training younger newer stronger recruits. The training was slow. Most of them were younger than fourteen. They looked like they hadn't even seen a sword before. There arms were weak but they were quick. Most of them wanted revenge for being starved for six months.

The kids learned fast by the fifth day they were fighting at the level I was when I started my training. The headquarters had slowed down further as I gained more control. I started interviewing people on the subject of the betrayal. The people interviewed were higher ranked officials because they are the most likely to rebel.

I woke up the next day to the stench of a fire. When my eyes opened I www the red flames licking and my bed. I ran out to see that everyone was gone. I looked around frantically only finding the recruits. I woke them up. This would be their test. They smelled the smoke and went to work immediately. The fire started to pick up more flame as it consumed my quarters. They managed to dose the fire right before it burnt another building down.

"We need to go get more recruits." I walk to where my secret storage area was.

"Sir won't you get caught they now your face." The recruits all chimed in.

I opened the secret gate to find my friend Charles in it. I chuckled and pulled the rope from his mouth. He hyper ventilated for a while. He got out and pointed to the dead guards I didn't notice then the waterfall. This went on for about five more minutes.

"Do you want to come with me to get some new loyal recruits or what." I was tired irritated and pissed off. He nooded in response.

I got my green and brown war riddled uniform on and walked outside with the rest of the troops that numbered about fifteen. Getting over the numerous hills were the first level of training but it was still kind of hard. We got over the hills in no time at all. The recruits pointed to the town church the only visible point of the city so far. They broke out in a swift run and forced me to follow.

Two minutes passed only the church grew while the city was only visible from the eyes of the new troops. When we got to the city I took out a knife everyone saw me and did the same. I threw my knife at the first guard. The recruits hit different guards. I took to the town square where most of the stores and people would be.

I sat on the edge of the fountain with a hood covering my head looking at the people walking by trying to find a guys to recruit. The others had gone off doing there buisness here. I saw a kid and stood up following him then I saw him walk into a store.