Awkward

Madoka's POV

I yawned as I watched Homura talk to Kenji but Kenji looked like he wasn't paying attention, looking somewhere else. I quickly wiped the bottom of my shoe with a piece of cloth and tightly tied my shoe.

"Hey Madoka!" called out Emiko

I turned to see her waving.

"Are you going to attend the school festival tomorrow?" asked Emiko

"Yea." I bluntly replied

"That's cool, are you going to watch the performance?" asked Emiko

"Yea, sure." I replied

'Did Kenji sign up?'

"I heard that Kenji auditioned and he got in, it's surprising to see him perform." said Emiko

"Kenji's performing?" I questioned, pretending like I didn't know.

"Yea, one of my senseis told me that he auditioned and it was amazing but he wouldn't tell me what he performed." said Emiko, "I kind of want to see him perform."

"I see." I simply replied

"Oh also you know that we're doing an activity for the school right?" asked Emiko

"Yea I know." I said

"But I can't believe Kenji is getting a lot of fame lately like look at him." said Emiko

I looked towards Kenji and there were a bunch of guys from the other schools talking to him and passing around phones. Kenji seemed uninterested but he complied with the others around him.

"He's kind of hot." mumbled Emiko

I looked at her and she covered her mouth in embarrassment.

"Did I say that out loud?" asked Emiko

"No, did you say something?" I asked, trying not to make this awkward

"Oh nothing nothing." she replied while smiling awkwardly

"The game is about to start, stop talking." said Ayaka

"Sorry Ayaka chan." replied Emiko

The game was about to start and things were already getting heated. The audience was roaring with cheers and the noise of people clapping.

The tip off started and we got the ball and we began moving down the court, taking it slow at first. But then two players from the opposing team started guarding me making sure I didn't get the ball.

'This is going to be hard.'

I tried shaking them off but they always followed me around, but they knew how to defend pretty well. Ayaka shot a three and it went in so I didn't really have to worry about anything but the two girls who were defending me were now pushing me as I guarded them.

One of the girls drove into the paint so I followed her but the other girl set up a screen blocking me from guarding the girl. I bumped into her and she fell onto the ground so I just walked over and she tried to catch up with her but she did a layup and scored.

We ran back down the court with the ball in our possession but the two same girls were guarding me. But I was able to get the ball but the two girls started to aggressively guard me, getting really close to me while waving their arms around to prevent me from passing the ball.

I quickly thought of something so I pumped faked a shot causing both girls to jump up so I took that opportunity to move to the side and shot a three, making it.