Part 12

Sehun's POV

He stared blankly at the water as he tried not to let his nervous thoughts consume him. The sound of the waves crashing onto the shore, and the slight breeze that rustled his jacket, helped calm his racing heart while he waited for EXO to show up.

He did everything he could to make sure that he wasn't followed, especially since he didn't know who or how many members of EXO would be meeting up with him today. Jaesuk helped give him a cover story, telling Minho that he needed a shipment picked up from some boat that was coming in this afternoon. Sehun didn't ask questions when Jaesuk told him about his idea. Instead, he gratefully accepted Jae's help, and luckily for both of them, Minho believed the made-up scenario.

Sehun had truly lucked out when the Baem paired him up with Jaesuk. They just so happened to stick him with the one member that was ready to bring them their downfall. To say Sehun was shocked when he found out was an understatement, but it turns out, confronting Jaesuk that day was one of the best things Sehun had ever done.

"What else do you know?"

"What else do you?" Jaesuk asks him cautiously.

Sehun was nervous, but he had already made the first move, so he might as well dive in headfirst.

"I know I'm not a Baem member..." Jaesuk lets out a hum of acknowledgment but otherwise stays silent. "...And I know I'm a member of EXO."

At the mention of EXO, Jaesuk quickly scans their surroundings. He checks to see if anyone was within earshot before looking back at Sehun. "Took you long enough."

Sehun freezes at his words. Surely he had heard him wrong. There was no way Jaesuk was waiting for him to realize he was a part of EXO, right?

"What?" Sehun asks the other man with bewilderment.

"I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to figure it out."

Sehun stares at Jaesuk dumbfoundedly. What the heck was happening right now? Why was Jaesuk so willingly discussing this with him? Why was he waiting for him to realize the truth about who he was?

"Are your memories back?" Jaesuk curiously asks. When Sehun shakes his head no, Jae's brows furrow. "How did you figure it out then?"

Sehun debated if it was smart to tell him. He still didn't know what the man's intentions were, but Sehun mostly trusted Jaesuk. Maybe that was stupid of him, but his gut told him it was the right thing to do.

Sehun thought about it for another moment before deciding. He was going to tell him, but he was going to leave you out of it. EXO was one thing, but the Baem still wanted you for leverage.

"I found a way to get into contact with them... I think I'll leave it at that for now, though."

Jaesuk studies his face before nodding. "Smart. There are not many people you can trust around here."

"Are you going to tell them I know?" Sehun cautiously asks, not even realizing he was holding his breath.

"No." He responds, surprising Sehun for the third time tonight. "You know... I actually like you, Sehun. You're kind of cold, but that's to be expected... If this were a different world, I think the two of us would've caused a lot of trouble together."

Sehun's mouth drops open at the compliment, and he quickly shuts it. Mafia men weren't supposed to be emotional or sentimental. At least, they weren't supposed to show it.