Butterflies

//TW//: mention of self harm and swearing
a/n: thank you for 18 views that is honestly so cool
i'm very grateful for it!

Clay's Pov:

     It's 3:48am and I can't fall asleep. George never responded to my texts or calls since about 2:30 this past afternoon. He never does this. George always checks his phone before bed and sends me a goodnight text." I'm mostly worrying about he said at my house...him apologizing for being gay and saying even he hates himself for it, I start to tear up. I really hope he's okay. My phone beeps once, and then another time. Who is that? I look at my phone, it's Daryl. Swiftly, I unlock my phone and open his messages.

BBHʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: hey clay has george talked to you today?

BBHʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: im starting to worry about you two muffins is everything okay pls respond.

Me: hi, no he hasn't talked to me...sorry for the delayed response. do you know if he's okay though?

BBHʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: oh dear, no i don't know if he's okay..i asked sapnap the same question that i asked you and he said no-

Me: i really hope he's okay..he never sent me his goodnight message or anything at all. he hasn't ignored my calls like this in years.

BBHʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: clay pls don't be upset about this okay? if something is wrong we will find out sooner than later. i am going to try to sleep now and you should too.

Me: okay, i will try to sleep. goodnight :)

BBHʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: goodnight have sweet dreams!

I take my eyes off my screen. George hasn't talked to anyone...that really isn't like him. Especially ignoring Daryl I mean, George knows he gets worried sick when someone doesn't respond to him. I know Daryl is probably right about the fact if something was really wrong we'd figure it out soon. I'm just worried when that will be. If George isn't in school tomorrow and still not responding I should probably go over to his house to check on him. The rest of the night I spent staring at my room overthinking and over analyzing the whole situation.

I slowly climb out of bed. The clock on my wall reads "7:55am" so I have 35 minutes until I have to leave for school. Checking my phone once and seeing no replies so I walk to the bathroom and wash my face and do all my other practices of general hygiene. I change into a dark green crewneck and some black pants with converse and decide I look fine. The clock is at 8:15am so I grab a quick snack and head to my car. Please be at school George.

     George Pov:

      I open my eyes and look to my right, my clock reads 8:05am. Should I go to school today? I try to get up out of my bed but my whole body aches so I decide to lay back down. I guess I probably shouldn't go then. I sight and decide to fall back asleep not even checking my phone or responding to any of the previous messages, I feel bad about it but I mean what would I say anyway.

     I wake up 2 hours later to my phone ringing a bunch so I decided to see who it was. Clay. I consider accepting the call but it ends before I make the choice. I close my eyes again and fall back asleep. The next time I wake up it's 12:17pm and this time I wake up to noise outside my house, it sounds like my moms car so I choose to ignore it. How is my mom already home from work? Finally giving in I check all my messages. Daryl had texted me more than 20 times which I felt bad for because I know how he worries, and Nick had texted me around 16 times which was more than I was expecting in some ways so I feel kind of shitty about it. What shocked me the most was how Clay texted me 78 times most of them saying how he's worried sick about me and how he hopes I'm okay, a lot of the others were full of I love you's and him apologizing like crazy...holy shit I'm a horrible friend. I immediately text him.