4

(This was part of a Drama project in writing monolouges. This came somewhat quickly to me as I had just experienced something that was triggering.)

Have you ever felt lost? I don't mean the physical type of lost. I mean the mental type of lost. Where your thoughts are swirling endlessly around you and you have no idea where to look first. What about when each thought goes spiralling in several different directions? Have you ever felt that? The need to just shut down and stop thinking. Some people have never felt this. I envy them. Some people feel this way everyday. I am one of those people. Every day, battling with the same thoughts and fears that multiply the more I think. Does it ever end? Or am I destined to live like this for eternity? All these questions lead to more thinking. Those thoughts are what destroys me. Yet, I can't help but come back to those same questions every day. Being lost is not fun. It is not an adventure. It is a terrifying struggle to find your way back to safety. In your mind, there is no safety. No place where you can just lie down and forget everything. Even if you find a place of rest for a few moments, trains soon come barrelling through that momentary peace and leave a wreckage of torn feelings, thoughts, memories, and everything else that once held happiness. What do you do then? People have this natural response to either run or fight. Some people are conflicted between the two and instead freeze and can't seem to move. People who freeze are having mental battles. Trying to figure out what is best to do in that moment. Their minds run off in so many directions and these people often get hurt. Bringing your thoughts back is a very difficult thing and most people can't manage it. Once again, I envy those who can. They have control over their thoughts and can find a way out the endless maze. Are you lost? Can you help those that are? Help them find their way to the end and give them comfort, love, and support. For people who are lost can never make their way out without someone to guide them.