scared of loving you

"you said you will try thinking about it." you take one step closer, he takes one step back.

"you said you will actually think about what happened between us; for one time in your life you will think about anything else other than fighting and killing. you promised me, levi." as you try to get closer to him, you just notice the blood staining his shirt. you place your hands on his abdomen, even if you know how much he hates that, checking if he is actually injured or is someone else's blood.

"oh my god, levi... what happened?" you ask him as you try to unbutton his shirt in order to see where all the blood was coming from but he takes your hands away from his body and says:

"y/n, stop doing that. just go to sleep, it's late. i'm fine, just a little bit of blood." levi says avoiding your gaze. you noticed how he struggled to say those words because of the pain he was in. but as always, he refused receiving any help from anybody.

since he was a kid, he learned how to take care of himself, and since then he never wanted someone to get involved in his life or to care about him, even though it is totally fine to let your guard down from time to time; it is okay to be vulnerable, even to show weakness.

and levi let his guard down and decided to be vulnerable for once in his life. two weeks ago when he left his emotions took over him, and kissed you. you could feel his feelings towards you in that kiss, but now he probably thinks that showing his emotions for someone is his biggest mistake. that's why he avoided you since then; you didn't get any chance to ask him about it, if his feelings for you were genuine, if he meant it, or if it was just a mistake that both of you should forget about. these two weeks were filled with questions for you.

after levi kissed you all of a sudden in that day, he said he is not sure about what just happened and he will think about it. coming to you, you confessed to him one year ago. yes, one year ago. after you showed your genuine feelings towards him, he just replied that you should forget about it, that he doesn't have time for this kind of stupid things such as relationships; he's a captain after all. you didn't expect him to feel the same when you decided to tell him how you were feel about the two of you, you only thought that it would be easier for you if would've told him. but it wasn't. at all.

levi didn't tell anybody (you didn't even expect him to) about it so nobody made fun of you for your feelings for captain ackerman, he just made you do more cleaning than usual and perhaps avoided any contact with you, more than usual.

but right now, the man you love is staying in front of you stained with blood, refusing to get any kind of help.

"just let me look at the injury, levi." you try one more time to unbutton his shirt but this time he lifts your chain and looks directly in your eyes before cruelly saying:

"if you think that helping me will make me like you even a little bit, you must be crazy. that kiss didn't mean anything, it just happened. we are not five year olds, we are adults, so don't take it that personally. i apologise if you thought that i am in love with you, but my apologies are all you are going to receive. now, leave." he simply says all those hurtful words like they meant nothing, like they didn't break your heart into million pieces.

his cruel words pierced through your soul, only leaving scars on your already damaged heart. with tears in your eyes and a lump in your throat, all you can say is "fine" before turning on your heels, leaving him alone in the dark. if that's what we wanted, that's what he must receive.

before leaving, you could almost see him already regretting what he just said, but it was probably just your stupid imagination who wanted some comfort. it was levi ackerman after all. he was known as humanity's strongest soldier, for his cruelty in killing titan mercilessly. maybe he was in fact just a terrible and wicked human being. maybe there was no room for love in his damaged heart.