Chapter 2

I look at Midoriya as we fall, he seems so peaceful, like he finally feels free. The peace was quickly ended by the sickening crack that followed our descent.

As I suspected I was fine, the same could not be said for Midoriya however. The boy had jumped headfirst and had snapped his neck on impact, he was dead. However, that wasn't the worst part. Standing in the building's front entrance stood All Might's skeletal forms frozen by the sight. He looked mortified, and I could see guilt slowly forming.

'Good,' I thought bitterly, 'he should feel guilty after leaving a seemingly depressed kid on a building after telling them their dream is unattainable.'

I was distracted from the hero by a soft green glow coming from Midoriya, though I seemed to be the only one to see it. After a moment the glow sat up and took form, taking the shape of Midoriya. He looked confused as he looked around practically screeching when he saw himself laying on the ground dead.

After a moment he paused and looked towards me. Confused, I turned around trying to see what he was looking at but not finding anything interesting. I looked back at Midoriya but he was still looking at me.

"Can you... see me?" I asked quietly, Midoriya nodded, a smile slowly grew on my face. When was the last time someone saw me? I can't even remember.

"What are you? What's your name? Is this your quirk or are you a ghost or something? Am I a ghost? Whats-" I giggled at his rambling which seemed to snap him out of his frantic questioning.

"Um, well... yes this is my quirk, and I'm pretty sure I'm human, why do I look like a ghost?" I asked curiously, Midoriya hummed in thought for a moment.

"I think so, you don't really have any defining features, you honestly kind of look like a glowy transparent silhouette," he explained, I nodded thoughtfully.

I don't really know what else to tell this boy, I've been like this so long... I'm not even sure if I remember my name anymore. Not to mention I have no idea what's happening to him, I had never seen anything like this before.

I saw paramedics moving Midoriya's body away as All Might started moving downtown towards a pillar of smoke, I started to follow him instinctively. Midoriya also followed us, not that I minded, it was nice to have someone to talk to.

As All Might was walking we decided to do some introductions, he introduced himself as Izuku Midoriya and I explained my memory problem. We decided that for simplicity's sake he would call me Ghost.

We followed All Might to the smoke, which was apparently an explosion. Looking at the scene it was clear that the sludge villain escaped and captured another kid.

"Oh my god, Ghost that's Kacchan!" Midoriya yelled worriedly.

"The kid who bullied you earlier today?" I ask as I try to get a better look at him.

"How do you know about that?" he asked, I sighed and rubbed my arm nervously.

"I like to follow people, I'm not really sure why. I had followed a kid to your class and saw them pick on you, I decided to stick around and have been following you since. Don't be mad?" I asked pleadingly, he sighed and glanced at me.

"I'm not mad. Come on, we have to help him," he said while looking back at kacchan. I grab his arm before he can leave, something I'm now able to do in this state.

"What are you doing? We have to help!" he yelled trying to pull away, I sighed and looked down not making eye contact.

"We can't help him," I said quietly, he looked back at me accusingly.

"Why not?" he asked angrily, I felt tears come to my eyes as I looked at Midoriya's ghostly face again.

"Because I couldn't even save you," I whispered dejectedly, Midoriya's face was one of denial as he pulled away. He went to touch one of the people in the crowd but his hand passed right through them, he looked at his ghostly hands in horror before turning to look at the trapped blonde again.

The heroes stood back, unable or unwilling to help the boy as the sludge freely took its victim. I look at Midoriya pitifully as he watches the life drain from his friend's eyes knowing there's nothing the two of us could do, after all, how can you save someone when you're only a spectator?

I kinda wanted to have this chapter be a part of the last chapter but the two of them together were 2000+ words and I didn't want it to be overwhelmingly long.