Chapter 17

DEACON

We made a quick stop on the floor below mine to visit Stef’s hotel room. She was a drunken mess, so I had to do most of the packing. I was tempted to just grab her toothbrush and tell her she just had to stay naked the rest of the time, but I was feeling like a gentleman, so I packed something for her to sleep in and something to change into tomorrow….plus her toothbrush. I was thankful I had made the choice to not drink too much tonight. I had a beer with dinner and then a couple of shots and one final beer at the club.

Stef is a sloppy drunk, but she’s a happy drunk as well. So as much as she’s lovey-dovey and trying to climb me like a tree, she’s also stumbling all over the place. I let go of her for a moment to dress the elevator button for up and she almost tipped over into a potted plant on a table for decoration. She’s so fucking cute though.

As we approach my room, I have to let go of her waist to pull out my wallet. She falls behind my stride a bit and when I turn back around she’s pulling her dress down over her chest. “Come here, Deacon, let’s have sexy time.”

“Jesus, Stef.” I run back to her and pull her dress back up. She throws her arms around my neck and jumps into my arms.

“Come on, Deac. Don’t you want me? Isn’t that why I’m coming up here?”

I hold onto her tightly and start walking back to the door with my key out. I had to drop her bag with clothes, I figure I can get her settled into a private space and come back for the bag. “You know I want you, Stef, but I think it is a bad idea for you to take your clothes off in the hallway.”

“Oooohhhhh. You’re probably right. Thanks for being the thinker, Deacon.” She taps her finger against my forehead. I unlock the hotel room and carry her inside, gently placing her down on the bed. I give her one more kiss before laying her back on my bed.

“You stay here, I’m going to go get your bag. Don’t go anywhere, promise?”

“I promise.”

I quickly sprint out to the hallway and grab the bag I dropped in order to rescue my little minx and when I get back inside the hotel room I stare at the woman lying in my bed. Her long, dark brown hair is spread across the pillowcase and her lips so kissable, but completely relaxed. Most noticeable is the fact that her eyes are closed and in less than two minutes, she’s managed to go from my sloppy drunk to my passed out drunk. 

I’m disappointed, but not for the reasons one might think. I had zero intention of actually sleeping with her tonight. If I was drunk myself, maybe I would have fallen for it, but my mom and step-dad raised a gentleman, and I’d never take advantage of Stef in a drunken stupor. Even though we’ve slept together many times over the last two years, consent is consenting each and every time. I’m disappointed because I love when she loses all inhibitions and she doesn’t carry that stress of her daily life. Even now, as she lays peacefully asleep, I can’t help but notice her face is relaxed and she doesn’t look like she’s having an internal argument with herself.

I open my duffle bag and pull out a t-shirt and carefully pull down Stef’s dress. This might seem a little inappropriate, but I know the last thing she’s going to want in the morning when she’s running for the toilet is to still be in this dress. I pull her shoes off and place them on the floor next to the bed and then I gently work my t-shirt over her head and down over to cover her body. Next, I pull the blankets out from under her and gently place them on top of her.

I sent a quick text to Ember letting her know that Stef is in my room peacefully sleeping and then I get undressed down to my boxers and slid in next to Stef. I know it is just a natural reaction, but once my body is near hers, she turns and snuggles against my chest. I wrap my arm around her body and hold her close to mine, placing a kiss on her temple.