A Rapper's Heart

Vixie G. Johnston is a half-filipino and half-american. She's just a normal FilAm with a loving heart and hospitable attitude like any other filipinos. She lives in Sacramento CA with her dad. Her parents divorced when she's still 5 years old. Her mom lives in Philippines with her new family. She had never seen her mom since then.

Vixie's P.O.V.

My alarm clock is making me crazy. It's 6:00am and I have to go get ready for my vacation in Philippines. It's been a long 18 years since i've been there. I'm so excited to see mom and my stepdad, I hope she still remembers me. My plane leaves in 10:00am so I still have plenty of time to get ready and say goodbye to dad. I made my way to the bathroom and the cold shivering water splashed down in my body. I cleaned my hair with a vanilla scented shampoo while singing Torn by Natalie Imburglia. After my quick shower I dressed myself with a red sexy sweater, white short shorts, hot black glossy boots and a brown beanie. "My princess! Come on down and let's have breakfast" dad shouted from downstairs. I made my way in the kitchen with my bags. Dad helped me carry the heavy ones. Just smelling the sizzling scrambled eggs dad cooked made me hungry. I sat on the kitchen stool and dad served me a lots of pancake, scramled eggs, bacons and a glass of milk. Oh how I love my dad. While eating, "Dad, why won't you get remarried after mom?" I asked him. "Uhm, I don't know sweetie. maybe I still haven't met the right gal. Why do you ask?" he replied "So you won't get lonely while i'm gone. So someone will take care of you." "I'll be just fine princess. Don't you worry. I'm gonna miss you so much. Take care of yourself there. Tell your mom I missed her. Okay?" I cried and immediately hugged dad as tight as I can. "I'm gonna miss you too dad. Call me everyday okay?" After eating, dad drove me in the airport and walked me in the international flights. "Plane #8 is leaving within 15minutes going through the Philippines" a lady said from nowhere. I hugged dad and said goodbye one more time and waved him goodbye while walking in the toll gates. I wiped my tears as I sat in the window seat of the plane. The plane's engine roared into life and flew away. I put on my headphones and ignored everything.