Chapter 2: Visitation

After 16 hours of seating in the plane, the pilot finally announced that we are landing within 5minutes. My ass feels sore for seating in hours. My co-passengers and I walked out of the plane and the Philippine breeze touched my skin. I sniffed in my excitement and sorrow. And a service bus loaded us all and drove us in the baggage counter. And my fellow "balikbayans" were hugged by their family members. While I stood there like a complete idiot. And I bumped into a guy and fell my bags, shades, notebooks and everything. The guy helped me to pick up my things and he held my hand to stand me up. His hands are soft and warm as he smiled at me. In my annoyance I said "Great. Just great" the guy removed his sunglasses and offering me to shake his hands. "Hi, i'm sorry I accidentally bumped you. Are you new here? I'm Raymond. Raymond Abracosa. You?" I also removed my sunglasses and walked away silently. I've been totally rude with the first guy I met here. Raymond ran towards me. "Hey. Don't be so rude miss, i'm just introducing myself." he said while catching me. "Yup. I'm new here. But sorry cause' I don't talk to strangers. And that's not being rude." I replied as I walked away again and left him. I left him there speechless and has no emotion on his face. I walked in outside the airport pulling my heavy trolley bags and my handcarry. I saw a lot of people standing there with a lots of placards and banners. I saw my complete name in one of the banner "Isabella Victoria Garcia Johnston" and a familiar pretty looking woman wearing a simple blue lacoste shirt, black semi-fitted pants and black doll shoes greeted and hugged me. she "Hi Baby. It's been a long time. Do you still remember me? It's me me Tess. Your mom" I smiled in shock and hugged my mom back happily. I am so happy to see her. "Mom, do you remember Adam? my dad?" I said. "Yes. Why? What happened to him?" she replied "He's fine mom. He said he's missing you. So much." she cried and smiled at me and helped me drag my bags inside the van. After a 20minute ride, we arrived at my mom's home. My 2 stepbrothers and 1 stepsister greeted me warmly. Including my stepdad, Peter Concepcion. They toured me inside the house. The house has a huge garden in front, terrace, swimming pool, and a fancy rooms. It's really big and prosperous. They showed me the room where i'll be staying and left me alone to rest. Because it's already 10:30 in the evening.

"Yo! Vixie wake up! Wake up!" Nathan, my stepbrother aged 19, said while jumping on my bed. I ignored him and snuggled into the sheets. And I felt that 2 persons are already jumping on my bed. I faced the window while lying down, slowly opening my eyes to greet the sunshine here in Philippines. I stretched and chased my two stepbrothers Nathan and Clark downstairs. The three of us ran around the house while chasing. We ran around the kitchen imagining that no one is home. Clark opened the fridge and climbed up on the kitchen table and declared "FOOD FIGHT!" And he threw me a chocolate pudding. I also ran on the fridge and grabbed a jar of mayonnaise, I opened it and threw a blob on Nathan's hair. "Ahhh! Mayonnaise! I hate mayonnaise!" he said shouting. We raced in the kitchen throwing each other foods. Carrots, peanut butter, flour, cheese, onions, string beans, meat and etc. You got it! Then our mom came from outside "Oh my gosh! What did you do?!" she shouted in shock. I replied "We threw everything to make a mother mad. Haha!" and the three of us laughed "You guys should take a bath and clean this mess before you eat some breakfast" our mom said while handling us soaps. I laughed and made my way on my bathroom. After taking a bath, I opened my bags and wore a royal blue dress that my curves are revealing, paired with white vintage doll shoes, necklace and wrist watch. I combed my long wavy brunnette hair into place. I made my way on the kitchen but it was already clean and my brothers and sisters are eating breakfast. My stepdad served me a rice, hotdogs, spam, bread and brewed coffee. Oh how I miss my true dad back in United States. We finished our breakfast and I went in the fancy large living room and turned on the plasma TV. My stepsister Kylie aged 17 dragged me in the garden. And made some girly bonding like make-up, hairs, face paint and nail art. And mom came to us and joined. After hours of laughing and bonding. I looked at my watch and it's already 9:30am. My stepdad's Hiace van engine roared into life and called us "You guys comin' or what?" my two brothers are already sitting on the van.

They toured me around Manila. The Mall of Asia and lastly the Manila Ocean Park. We saw a lot of sea otters, electric eels, sharks, clown fishes and etc. We even had a foot massage. We had dinner on the upper part of Ocean Park. A restaurant that Manila Bay is over-viewing on it. "Mom excuse me, I gotta go in the bathroom" my mom nodded. As I finish doing my thing, I went to our table but in my surprise, that Raymond guy who bumped me in the airport, bumped me again.