Last Quarter Moon

It was close to dusk. New decided to go to the building's rooftop. The last sun rays started to fade. Colors melt into grey, then black. The stars, like shining grains of salt, appeared like sprinkles in the night. The moon, decreased in size, was in its third quarter. He watched the moon with gutted emotions.

"You know what the moon always tries to tell us? Wave asks silently. "It reminds us that life comes in phases, in episodes or chapters, and so are our life stories."

"Your point?" New cleared.

"Don't you get it, Ellipsis, meaning, the story isn't finished yet. You can still make the story end differently" Wave answered.

"We had our chance" New uttered in a very faint voice.

"It's been five years, New. Did the miles apart truly separate you? Because no matter how you convince yourself that this is your place, you know too well that you're just running around circles and still not finding yourself. You can push yourself with all the busyness of this city, and yet you will always have that longing of joining him on that bench. Yes, you had your chance, and you can still create that chance for yourself, for Tay. No life decision is permanent. You can still make that chance, especially for someone you love." Wave spoke with deep comfort and assurance.