✧𝐓𝐄𝐍 ; 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

✧。:*•.───── ❀ ─────.•*:。✧

❝𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

❝𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞.❞

✧。:*•.───── ❀ ─────.•*:。✧

flashback - junior high

kageyama's pov

i didn't really have any friends. even i notice it... i guess my arrogant, bossy nature gets the best of me. well, not that i really cared. i didn't need friends. i can accomplish things by myself, and i know it. communication isn't really my thing too, but it's absolutely crucial in volleyball, so i do my best to command my teammates. however, their attitude towards me became worse and worse every day. it's not like it's my fault or anything... it's their fault for not appreciating my hard work. 

they called me wicked names even though i was doing my best. 'king of the court', huh. and i was even forced to sit on the bench. it's their fault, not mine- their fault..!

to make matters worse, people at my school found out about something they shouldn't know, and it was because of my own mistakes...

...my own fault...

"so... kageyama-kun, am i right?" the woman sitting in front of me asked. she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, revealing a sharp glare filled with abhorrence. i can just see the hatred pouring out of her grey, dusty orbs, filling up the tense atmosphere as it suffocated me. 

i can't blame her for that, though. being a mere fifteen year old, stating his thoughts like that, wasn't it just a shortcut for having people to hate you? 

"yes, sensei." i replied hastily, not wanting to answer her.

my homeroom teacher cleared her throat and decided to spit out her fake words. 

"just so you know, i'm not being homophobic, but this is a serious problem, kageyama-kun." 

i kept silent as she went on.

"do you know that declaring your sexuality in front of the whole school will cause serious problems? and even leading up to a fight?! you might get expelled!-"

"IT'S THEIR FAULT! IT'S NOT MY FAULT FOR BEING GAY!"

i unthinkingly stood up from my chair, screaming out the words i didn't mean to say. 

with that, the room became silent again. i could hear faint chatters outside of the classroom, all of their words brimming with hatred. there goes my temper again, like a ticking bomb, setting off at any time. that is probably another reason why they hate me. but now, i am powerless, worthless... being surrounded by the gossips of those who once feared me. and it was solely because of that one statement.

"there there, kageyama-kun. no need to be angry..." the teacher let out an awkward giggle, following by an uncomfortable silence. 

"since it's the last day of middle school anyway... i'll let you get away this time. please don't cause any more trouble..." she averted her eyes onto my nose, where blood was trickling down slowly. "i'll lecture those who beat you up, so it will be fair, okay?-"

i pushed my chair, making a screeching noise. there, i slung my bag aroung my shoulder and went away, leaving the classroom once and for all. behind the door were the people who despised me. i faced them and declared,

"love is love, okay?"

...

and that was also the reason i lived alone, away from my parents.

❀❀❀

a/n: some little backstory for you guys :> sorry for not updating, i've been a little unmotivated lately, please forgive me!

PLEASE REMEMBER, LOVE IS LOVE! DON'T BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SEXUALITY!!<3 I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU!!