Chapter one: Royals

"Arabella! I'm so excited!"

I turn around to see my cousin, Cinderella's daughter, Ashlyn smiling at me. Arthur and Armond had already made some new friends, so I was walking through the path to the school on my own. 

"Yeah!" I giggle weakly, my bright red hair swishing at my sides, my pink, fluffy skirt bouncing slightly with every step. My dark pin top and magenta sleeves were so normal next to my cousin's bright, shiny clothes and hair. 

"C'mon! We HAVE to go see Apple!"

I groan. I never liked Apple. To be honest, she was very stuck-up and only interested in people if they were important to her story. Not to mention she had always picked on me for not being as beautiful as Ashlyn, the worst thing is, she said insults as if she were complimenting me. 
You see, my brothers and I have a strange storyline to follow. 
Our mom, Anastasia, an evil stepsister to Cinderella, had been considered a rebel. That is, until she went a little off-page, and fell in love with a sweet baker, enraging her mother, and running away with him, living happily ever after. This means that My brothers and I had a very interesting set of rules: Ruin someone else's story, we're not allowed to dress as flashy or bright as Ashlyn, and NO falling in love with Royals OR rebels.  Apple had always feared that my brothers and I would do the same, but our triplet motto is: We always stick together, so if one of us goes off-page, then I would feel really bad for Apple. 

"Apple! Oh, Apple it's enchanting to see you!" My cousin smiles, hugging her blonde friend. 

"Oh yes! How I've missed you, Ashlyn!" She turns to me and frowns slightly, "Arabella. Nice to see you again."

I give her a very obviously forced smile and walk to my dorm. You see, I had met Cerise Hood Once-Upon-A-Time, and we immediately became Best Friends Ever After. I requested that she stay with me, as a Royal- helping- a-rebel-with-it's-wickedness situation. He bought it, and I haven't told her yet. I smile as I swing the door wide-open giving Cerise a hug. 

"Arabella! Hey! Long-time no see, huh?" 

I nod vigorously and set down my small trunk, packed to the brim with my dresses, and a pair or two of regular pants and shirts. 

"It feels like Forever After since I've seen you, 'Rise!" I give her one last hug before looking around at my room. Headmaster Grimm was afraid that he'd have another three of my 'mom' at school this year, so he insisted on decorating our rooms. Mine was pink. I love pink, don't get me wrong, but this was a little much, even for me. 

"Oh, Barf!" I say, making Clarise giggle. 

"Right? At this point, I think we should put a few trash-bags over it, make it look a little less...
 I dunno, eye-scorching?"

We both look at each other before bursting out in laughter. 

"You know what, maybe it isn't too late to just, hang out?" Cerise asks me, "Let my... fur coat... out for a while?" I nod at her, smiling. I knew what she meant. People have secrets, and ever since Apple's boyfriend Daring had started to bring Dexter around, she wasn't the only one.
Rule NUMBER ONE in my book is that I can't fall in love with a royal, just a lay-low baker or piddler, or something like that, but as soon as Daring brought Dexter around, I could barely form words. He was dorky and cute, but at the same time, he was so... smart and, funny. I can't help but smile at the thought. 

"Thinkin' bout Dex?" Cerise asked me, walking over and sitting us down on the bed,

"Yeah," I say, "Can't help it!"

she smirks as we nudge each other around playfully. 

"Oh well, maybe you'll get over him! We'll never know who your... "Prince charming" rally is until," Shu shudders slightly and my smile falters.

"Legacy Day, I know." I finish. Being a girl with this big of a secret isn't easy for 'Rise, but I try my best to help her. 

"Anyways," she says, snapping me out of my thoughts,
"I want to hear everything that's happened this summer." 

I giggle and fall back on the bed.
"Oh... My... Spells!" I grin, "Where to begin..."