Chapter 24

plz jsknjhn mcND has no right dropping bops left and right- hold tf up that rhymed
yo whos joining my band I'm boutta debut

ps stan mcnd (my biases r minjae n win)

-----------------

Jake POV

The moment I stepped foot in the house all my worries came crawling back to me. In reality, though, my parents and I have never actually had a proper conversation, or even been in the same HOUSE together for more than 2 hours ever since I was 7. Don't get me wrong they're nice when you get to know them but I rarely see them anymore so we basically cut ties and I

"I don't know why you're nervous but don't be Jakey" Sunghoon whispered, intertwining his fingers with mine. Sigh, once again Sunghoon to the rescue.

Walking into the kitchen I saw my dad sitting at one of the stools near the bench, dark circles under his eyes from the lack of sleep because of work. "Hey hun, hey Jakey" he welcomed us as walked in, Asahi having vanished off to finish bringing my parent's belongings back in from the trip. "Oh? You're a new friend of Jake's, usually, it's those 3 chaotic boys." he noticed Sunghoon next to me, thankfully not noticing our intertwined hands.

Sunghoon then did a full bow, "Hi Mr sim I'm Sunghoon" I snorted, and my parents giggled, "what a gentleman! No need to be so formal sunghoon"

It was as if the devil sensed my worries because my mum then asked, "so Sunghoon how did you meet Jake?" that terrifying first impression ran through my head-

"Stop being so paranoid Sunoo, see I'll even hit him with a water balloon from behind and you'll see it's him" I then walked behind 'jay' and aimed the water balloon straight at his head. I threw the balloon and it soaked his hair and a strange new shirt I swore he didn't wear to school today.

What I didn't expect though, was the entire cafeteria to suddenly fall silent and have all eyes on me but 'jay.' After a few long dreading seconds 'jay' finally looked back and I knew then and there that I wanted the floor to swallow me in.

I shivered just remembering it... and all the events following behind it. "Uhm..." Sunghoon made nervous eye contact with me, I slightly shook my head signaling him to improvise a story that DOESN'T involve me hitting him in the head with a water balloon.

"W-well uhh..." he stuttered, thinking of all the possible scenarios that could keep us both safe. "Actually we first met when Jake got assigned the same dorm as me and we just had a lot of small talk and then eventually became closer" that's such a boring scenario but at least it'll save us. "Ahh okay" she replied

As the room fell into an awkward silence I thought it would be a good time to tell my parents about me and Sunghoon. "Mum? Dad? I need to tell you something... uhh... It's kinda important" all the attention was diverted to me as everyone had curious looks on their faces.

"I'm kinda gay- actually not kinda, I'm so gay and uhh I'm dating Sunghoon" the room was now a mix of an awkward, terrifying silence, "are you kidding me?" my dad asked, soon getting cut off by my mum, "Oh shut up you dematerializing rock," she hushed my dad, "Jakey I know I haven't been the mother you needed these past years but I'm happy for you and also a little irritated" I gulped.

"I'm irritated as to why didn't you tell us beforehand? We would've cooked up a nice dinner and gotten ourselves settled back in quick, look at this mess!" she referred to all the suitcases lying around from their trip. "And I find out only NOW that my son is gay and has a boyfriend?!! You ALSO should've told us that BEFOREHAND because I wouldn't have tried setting you up with all those girls at business meetings!!" she ranted before taking a deep breath, composing herself before turning to a frozen Sunghoon, I let out a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding in.