46

6 years have passed.

bae jinyoung has officially become a dentist after graduating from seoul national university. while yoon serin, she opened her own piano academy after graduating from yonsei university.

due to being busy with their own careers, serin and jinyoung rarely met and spent time together as a couple.

it was a cold night when serin was about to close her piano academy. suddenly, a tall guy entered the academy with a bouquet of roses. "urmm.. am i too late to register?" the guy said.

serin looked at the guy with a big smile on her face. "honey! what are you doing here?"

"come here." jinyoung spread his arms wide to give his girl a hug.

serin ran towards him and they hugged. "i miss you so much!"

"i miss you too.." they stayed like that for a few minutes before jinyoung broke the hug to look into her eyes. "i have a surprise for you."

"surprise? you mean these roses?" serin asked as she pointed at the bouquet of roses on jinyoung's hand.

"oh yea, the flowers!" jinyoung facepalmed before handing her the roses. "i actually have another surprise.."

"there's another surprise? what is it?"

jinyoung didn't answer that question and drove her to a fancy restaurant. of course serin was confused but she just followed jinyoung as she was really hungry at that time.

they both ordered cream pasta and after the food arrived, they started to eat as usual. serin didn't suspect anything until she poked something hard in her pasta. "what is this?" she took something small and round out of the pasta. it was a ring. a diamond ring.

jinyoung suddenly got up from his seat and got down on one knee in front of serin, making the girl surprised. "ww-what are you doing.. honey?"

"yoon serin.. we've gone through all sorts of things throughout our relationship. when i think of the future, i like to picture us as two trees planted side-by-side. our roots growing together more firmly as the years go by, and our children sprouting like seedlings around us. you're the only one i want to share my life with. i got down on one knee for you, so i hope you won't say no. so.. will you marry me?" jinyoung proposed.

serin's eyes widened as she cupped her mouth with both hands. "honey... yy-you're.. not kidding right?" 

jinyoung nodded and smiled confidently. "i'm serious, sweetie. i want to marry you."

everyone in the restaurant started paying attention to the two of them. jinyoung has actually planned all of this, including putting a ring in serin's food. "my answer is.... of course, yes.." serin answered before bursting into happy tears. jinyoung got up from kneeling and hugged his soon-to-be wife tightly. everyone in the restaurant including the workers cheered as they congratulated them.

jinyoung broke the hug and began to kiss her passionately. serin tiptoed and wrapped her arms around his neck as she responded to the kiss.