#56: Let Thy Soul Loose And Be Free

Chuuya has never seen under Dazai's bandages. Despite bring partners for nearly half a decade, Dazai was very secretive of the skin he cloaked under the white cloth.

Upon reuniting, Chuuya got to see the eye hidden by these clothes. It was just as smouldering as the other eye.

But, still, Chuuya had no idea what Dazai his underneath all those bandages.

Until now.

Dazai lies down on his stomach, tossed aside of his shirt.

"Chuuya...take off my bandages."

Chuuya tenses. "Take off your bandages?"

"That is what I said."

Chuuya hesitates as he reaches for the cloth on the brunette's back. While he can't see his face, he can hear the smile on his lips that come with his next words.

"Oh, Chuuya. No need to be shy. I've seen a fair share of you, after all. Now we'll be even~"

"Oh, shut up."

Chuuya grabs onto the fabric and pulls, a portion of Dazai's skin revealing itself. It's soft, and scarred. Chuuya gently runs his hand over it, warranting a quiet groan from the taller man.

"Ahh, Chuuya...I'm sensitive there."

Understandable.

Considering Dazai kept this skin covered for God knows how long, of course if would be sensitive.

"I'll be as gentle as I can, then."

Chuuya continues to remove the bandages on his ex-partner's back, until there is none left upon it. He gently runs a hand over it.

His back is adorned with countless scars. Chuuya has so many questions.

But first, he undoes the bandages around the brunette's arms and neck, too, which, of course, are covered in scars as well.

Chuuya sighs as he strokes the wounded skin. He puts a finger against a large scar on Dazai's back.

"Shibusawa."

From the touch, Dazai knows what Chuuya wants.

Chuuya fingers a smaller, but redder scar. It's more round.

"Dostoyevsky."

Chuuya leans down and kisses the scar. He cannot see the soft, genuine smile on Dazai's face.

He continues to poke at the scars all over Dazai's body, Dazai answering where each came from. Most from the Mafia. A lot left by himself. Chuuya plants a kiss on each scar he touches.

Until Chuuya points at one large scar on his back. Dazai laughs a little.

"That one's from you."

Chuuya freezes up again. "Huh?"

"The day we met. Remember?"

He does.

The redhead's shoulders slump.

"Sorry."

His voice is so soft it's almost unrecognizable.

Dazai smiles again.

"It's okay, Chuuya. That scar is special. It's the only one I wear with pride. It reminds me of how much you mean to me."

Dazai rolls over so he's facing Chuuya now, his chest also adorned with scars.

"I wish I could say the same about the rest of them."

Dazai's smile is more pained now.

"They show how weak I am. To have been struck so many times. That's why I'm a strategist. I can't take a beating. Obviously."

His laugh is pained, too.

Chuuya frowns.

"Don't you fucking dare say that."

He cups Dazai's cheeks.

"If anything, all these scars show how strong you are. All the shit you've been put through, and that you've survived."

Dazai's smile is still pained. "But they're still so gross."

Chuuya scowls. "No, they're not. They're beautiful."

He kisses Dazai's lips oh so tenderly.

"You're beautiful."

Dazai's smile grows warm. He embraces the redhead and pulls him on top of him.

"Thank you, Chuuya..."