Chapter 2

~ Lyric's P.O.V ~

At first I was real scared of the other boys, but they're really nice! The boy with white hair (he must be magical cause I didn't know you could have white hair!) kept poking my nose and it made me laugh. Then the boy with dark hair was making faces, and then the blond boy with up hair played peekaboo. I only know Ashton's name. He's really really nice!

I like these guys a lot. They're funny!

Right now, they were carrying me to a big car.

"So, Lyric, what kind of toys and books do you like?" Ashton asked me.

"Ummmm..... I dunno." I replied, shrugging.

"I guess we'll figure that out later. For now, we have to adopt you!" blond boy said happily.

Adopt?

"What... A-Adopt?" I stammered.

"Adopting is when you sign a paper that says you're their new parents." dark haired boy replied.

I didn't really get it, but okay....

"Lyric is such a pretty name." the boy with white hair said, smiling at me.

I giggled shyly and hid my face in Ashton's shoulder.

"Okay, let's see...." Ashton mumbled as everyone got into the van. "Lyric, why don't you sit between Mikey and Luke?"

He pointed to blond boy and white haired boy. White hair patted the seat next to him, and blond grinned.

I climbed into the seat between them, feeling tinier than usual. They're really tall!

"I'm Luke, and that's Michael. We sometimes call him Mikey." blond boy said.

"Hi Wuke. Hi Mikey." I said quietly.

"Then that loser up there next to Ashton, is Calum." Michael said.

I giggled when Calum stuck his tongue out at Michael.

It was kinda quiet on the ride to where we were going. I was still pretty shy.

We stopped in front of a big house.

"This is where we live." Calum said, pointing out the window.

"Wow..." I whispered.

"Well, Miss Lyric, are you ready to see your new home?" Ashton asked, taking me out of the car and setting me on his hip.

I nodded. But, I still felt kinda sad. Mummy....

"What's with the sad face?" Ashton asked, poking his lower lip out.

"I miss my mummy...." I sighed.

"Aww, I'm so sorry...." Ashton sighed, giving me a hug. "But I guess your mummy had to go somewhere."

"Where?" I asked.

".... I don't know." Ashton replied.

We went inside the big house, and Ashton set me down. "Well, this is your home now." he said.

I looked around. It was really big and pretty.

I noticed a wooden box in the corner of the room. I really liked hitting boxes because of the sound it makes, so I went over and hit the box gently.

It made the coolest noise ever. I squealed excitedly.

Ashton laughed. "That's called a Cajon (did I spell that right?)." he said.