viii. wait a minute

viii. WAIT A MINUTE

wednesday, january 13th

∘₊✧────────────✧₊∘

LULA RECOGNIZED THE VOICE SINGING, but couldn't put her finger on who it was.

  And it was killing her.

  Maybe he'd been featured on a song she liked, maybe he'd been a guest on a podcast she listened to. Whatever it was, his voice was so familiar.

  So she Googled it.

  "Waterparks...singer..." she mumbled as she typed.

  She audibly gasped when the results came up. Awsten Knight. No way.

  "Awsten...Knight..." she Googled.

  Awsten Constantine Knight is the lead singer and rhythm guitarist in a band called Waterparks. The band was first founded in 2011 and has since released three EPs and three albums.

  No way, no way, no way. This was all a big prank. Everyone on the internet was collectively fucking with her.

  There was his Twitter, "DANNY FANDOM", "CURRENTLY NOT DEAD AND IN @WATERPAKRS. FUTURE REALITY TV HOST IF THINGS GO POORLY"

  His location read LA...and Houston. Meaning Texas. Houston, Texas.

  Jasper's friend was from Texas; Jasper's friend was most likely the "special celebrity guest"; Awsten Knight was from Texas; Awsten Knight had 139K Twitter followers and was in a band.

  She found his Instagram. 255K followers. Including, 'Followed by @jasperbeckiscool.'

  Lula scrolled and found a photo of him pretending to be sleeping. Or maybe he was actually sleeping, maybe his girlfriend took it.

  Awsten hadn't outright said he wasn't a guy in a band with thousands of followers, but something about him keeping this big of a fact from her felt...weird.

  Sure, it had only been two days, but "Hey, I'm in a band. This is the band name," felt like something she would've shared right away.

  Maybe Lula was just in shock. This was, after all, really fucking huge.

  She scrolled back up to the top of his page, and the first post was a photo of him.

  He posted it yesterday.

  He looked pretty cute if she was being completely honest. She should call him. Invite him back to her apartment so she could ask him about this, and then they could watch the Jason Segel Muppet Movie and put it all behind them.

  It's a completely reasonable thing that he didn't tell her. Maybe he's had people take advantage of his fame before, it's understandable.

  She clicked on his following list, and at the top, '@jasperbeckiscool.'

  Jasper Beck was Awsten's buddy; Awsten was Jasper Beck's "special celebrity guest."

  Holy shit.

"Okay, so her name's Tally...but what's her last name?" Jasper asked.

  "Uh..." Awsten trailed off. "I...I actually don't know."

  "Dude, how do you not know?" Jasper pulled out his phone out of his pocket. "Don't you follow her on Instagram?"

  "No, should I look her up?"

  "Duh!"

  Jasper opened Instagram, and searched up 'Tally,' but Awsten didn't recognize any of the girls in the profile pictures.

  So Awsten searched up, 'Tallulah.' Again, nothing.

  But when he searched up just simply, 'Lula,' the first result was '@lulasparrow.'

  And below it, 'Followed by @jasperbeckiscool +2 more.'

  "No way," Awsten mumbled.

  "What? Did you find her?" Jasper leaned over to look at his friend's phone. "Oh, yeah, that's just my friend Lu. She — Wait a minute."

  Awsten and Jasper shared a look. "Is that her?"

  The account was private, but he could tell from the profile picture that it was definitely her. So he nodded.

  "I think so."

  "Well, request to follow her!"

  "Dude, I can't randomly request to follow her with a verified account. She doesn't even know I'm in a band, that'll freak her out!"

  Jasper rolled his eyes. "You're gonna follow her eventually, yeah? So just do it sooner rather than later."

  "You're an idiot. I'm not gonna...yet."

  "Wait..." Jasper furrowed his brow. "I thought you said her name was Tally. This is Lula."

  Awsten furrowed his brow too. "Yeah, Tally's a nickname."

  "Dude, how? Her name's Lula. How the fuck did you get Tally from Lula."

  Awsten blinked at him. He thought they were friends. "Her full name's Tallulah."

  "What? I didn't know that. Holy shit, am I a bad friend?" Jasper got up from his couch and paced around his living room as he asked, "Wait, how did you guys even meet?"

  "At her work—"

  "Dude! No way! She works for my dad! At Beck's!" Jasper gasped.

  Awsten was so fucking stupid. How did he not connect these dots sooner? The place is literally called Beck's.

  He knew Tom owned a business. He knew it was around here, but for some reason when he first went to Beck's, he didn't think that this would be the business.

  But Lula and Jasper being friends meant something else too:

  "Jas..." Awsten began. "You and Lula are friends. Meaning Lula's gonna be at your party on Saturday."

  "Yeah? So?" Then he realized. "Are you gonna kiss—"

  "No, I'm not gonna kiss her. Jesus." He paused. "I'm just gonna spend some time with her, man."

  Jasper nodded. "And then maybe you'll get a kiss out of it."

the instagram ss is so funny to me, i've been laughing about it for hours