Chapter 1- Paige

"I told you she was mine."

"You did not. I claimed her first!" I watched as two strangers argued over me. "You had no chance at stealing her just because you're a senior now."

"Yeah it does! Seniors always get first dibs on the fresh meat!" The golden eyed boy said. "And you’re only a junior so you don't even get a Freshie until next year."

"But there are more freshmen than seniors. It only makes sense to have some juniors claim a few." The short brunette girl exclaimed. Neither of them were paying attention to my quivering and backing away from them. Getting closer to the line of safety, I turned with a gleam in my eye. Almost home free.

"Brandon, Kristen! You're scaring the poor girl, not claiming her." A blonde boy walked over to me as he smiled. "I'm sorry about those two. They aren't always like this."

"It's fine." I muttered, looking down at my red converse to avoid looking at his light blue eyes.

"Oh I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Noah. I play the flute. The guy over there is Brandon, a clarinet, and the short one is Kristen, trumpet."

"My name is Paige. I just joined the colorguard..." I looked up briefly to see Noah grin and the other two roll their eyes, both with smug smirks.

"Oh great, here we go again." Brandon laughed, earning a hard smack on the arm from Kristen.

"Be nice. It's not her fault that Noah is jealous of the colorguard." She looked at me. "Try not to be intimidated by his fanboying."

"Hey! I do not fanboy." Noah said gasping, his left hand pressed against his chest.

"Sure you don't. You don't obsess over colorguard just as much as I don't like Doctor Who in the slightest." Brandon chuckled and laid a hand on the blonde's shoulder.

The emerald green eyes of the girl shifted over to my direction. "Blondie here has terrible eye-to-hand coordination so he would hurt himself and many others if he even tried to toss any of the equipment."

"Oh... That's too bad..." I said, hiding behind my auburn hair. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry. At least I still have my flute to play in the competitions.” Noah said, smiling from ear to ear. "No matter how many people tell me that band isn't worth my time."

"Why haven't you quit?" I asked, twisting my foot into the pavement.

"I love the band and music too much to simply leave" He sighed happily.

"That's not the only thing he loves." Brandon laughed.

"Shut up! I do not!" A dark red blush crept onto the boy's pale face.