September 1st

Chapter 1
First year
September 1st

Remus:
The morning sun of September 1st was just barely showing its first glow, as gold light poured into the bedroom of Remus Lupin. Remus hadn't been able to sleep that night, a conversation that had occurred the month before played on repeat in his head.

"He can't go to Hogwarts Albus! What's about the other students?" His father. Lyall Lupin had said in a borderline furious tone to the man that had appeared at The Lupin's house.Before Remus had said anything Lyall had brought the man into his study. After a while Lyall had been defeated, the strange man had given an answer for everything Lyall had asked, So he had no reason to not let Remus go (Go where? Remus still didn't know). The adults had emerged from Lyall's study.

He was an old man, he had long silver hair and an equally as long beard. The old man looked at Remus through his half-moon glasses with a smile as he handed the young boy a letter. "I am Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I have come to offer you a spot and answer any questions you may have." He had been sitting in the big armchair in the Lupin's living room playing Gobstones with Remus. Dumbledore didn't look like a headmaster; he had kind blueish grey eyes "I look forward to seeing you on September 1st, Mister Lupin." He nodded disappearing out the door.

Now the nerves had been making Remus increasingly anxious with the problem of his condition, as his father had called it. Remus had neve met anyone his own age, nor gone to a school before. His father had home schooled him his whole life. Remus got out of his bed and started gathering the last of his things into his trunk for the train.

——————

Remus walked into an empty train car and sat reading a book when the door slide open. "Can we sit? Everywhere else is full." Asked a voice. Remus looked up and saw two boys and nodded his head. The boy who asked stored his trunk and slid into the seat across from Remus as the other shorter, pudgy and straw colored hair boy sat at his side.

"I'm James Potter! This is Peter Pettigrew." The brown haired boy said. Remus looked at him. His brown eyes exploding with excitement blocked slightly by his thin wired glasses. "What's yours?"

"Remus Lupin." Remus said simply, pulling at a thread on his robes.

"Do you like quidditch? I'm going to be a famous player one day." James said enthusiastically. "I've had loads of experience. Me and my dad play in my backyard." James boasted sounding more excited then anything else. Remus simply shook his head and went back to his book. James seemed busy talking to Peter anyway. Soon the train hisses and starts moving, parents yelling last minute goodbyes as students panicked to find a car to sit in.

"Hullo, can sit here?" A posh sort of voice enters the boy's car. Remus, Peter, and James look at the door.

"Sure! We're first years too." James said smiling. The boy stored his trunk and sat next to Remus. Running his finger through his long and shaggy black hair, his grey eyes awake with equal excitement as James's. "So what's your name? I'm James, James Potter. This is Peter, and that's Remus." James said, gesturing at each boy. The black haired boy hesitated but spoke. "Sirius. Sirius Black." He said eyes widening.

"Black? Y-your a Black?" Peter squeaked nervously. James elbowed him, and added a glare.

"Yeah I'm a Black, nothing like my family though." Sirius Reassured him. "None of the pure-blood nonsense." Sirius said, shaking his head.

"Load of rubbish if you ask me! I'm pure-blood and I've never thought of anything bad of Muggles! My dad loves them, mum too." James said matter-of-factly.