01. The Transmigration

Death... was inevitable for someone like me. I just didn't know—didn't want it to be so soon. And to think that they were the ones who betrayed me makes it hurt even more.

Those were the last melancholy thoughts of Aubriella Diedella, one of the most powerful mages in the world as she was murdered by the last people she believed that she could trust...

"Ah, ah!" 

Aubriella opened her eyes, clutching her chest, sucking in a breath. She stared at her hand, which was pale and trembling, with disbelieving eyes. 

That was impossible! There was no plausible explanation of how she could have survived! Even if she was extraordinarily powerful, it didn't mean she could resurrect! She was certain she had died, she had felt her soul leave her body, the feeling of dying...

And that's when memories flooded back to her.

Memories of her past... and memories that weren't hers?

They contained the memories of a stranger, one with porcelain skin, shiny black locks, dark green eyes, thin crimson lips, and faint freckles that shimmered in the light, one who looked like a delicate, frail fairy.

Aubriella clutched her head, confused and aggravated by the circumstance she was in, tugging her hair furiously. Hair... hair that was black.

Aubriella froze, then began to feel her face. This wasn't her body!

She was not this woman! 

Aubriella Diedella was not only known for her incredible magical capabilities, but was also celebrated as one of the top three blossoming beauties of the Empire. With silky, rich auburn locks, flawless ivory skin, radiant violet eyes, and full rose colored lips, she was greatly admired by the population of males and envied by females.

This body, the appearance was appealing, but in a much different way.

Aubriella stared into the mirror.

Just... what happened?

Then she recalled her death... Aubriella scoffed. To die of poisoning was shameful to her, because she had always imagined something much grander to be the cause of her downfall. But, no, mere posing had brought her to her knees like a fool.

"How shameful," Aubriella murmured. She looked into the mirror, her deep green eyes shimmering back at her. She flexed her thin, pale hands. She could feel her original power searing through her body, the great power lurking inside of her. 

But this body! Aubriella thought angrily. This body, the body of Lyra Catorphe is so weak! She had great potential for magic, yet she was too afraid to practice! What a fool! How can I do my swordsmanship in this body! How can I wield the power of the heavens? This foolish girl!

Aubriella took a deep breath, forcing her face into masked calm. From the memories of Lyra, she could tell that this girl was, in no other words, weak.

She couldn't stand up for herself, letting mere maids torment her. She let her family abuse her. She was too unmotivated to practice martial arts or magic. All she could do was obey and be a crybaby!

Well, from this day forth, the day that the great Aubriella Diedella has taken the body of a weakling, Lyra will change! I suppose that now that I am Lyra, I will use this to make a new life for myself and her. She's lucky I died, I will make her life better.

"Meanwhile, I will find out who staged my death," Aubriella mused as she stood up. "And I'll push  Lyra's brat of a sister—well, I supposed my brat of a sister into the shadows. My, I haven't felt this excited in such a long time! Vengeance is sweet, isn't it?"

Aubriella smiled.

"Lyra Catorphe, from this day forth, your life shall change forever!"

***

Hello my lovelies! I hoped you enjoyed! Also, special shout out to my friend, Slytherpuff2277 for inspiring me and making my book cover! Muah, ily all!