twenty two

Jade acted quickly and pulled the Hufflepuff harshly to the side beside the rock. Pettigrew saw that he failed to kill them, so he walks over to Cedric and Jade's position, the two still recovering from the fall.

He shoots another curse at Cedric, who dodges it by rolling over aside. Jade grasps her wand and yells "Stupefy!" which sends Pettigrew flying back from where he was.

"You idiot! Just get the Potter boy! I will deal with them later" Voldemort says weakly, but the frustration in his voice was still visible. Pettigrew shoots a spell at them, this time failing to dodge it.

An enchanted rope ties them together, back to back and the man quickly scoots back over and motioned the statue behind Harry to entrap him with it's axe.

Their eyes go back to the scene as Harry shouts in pain again. Pettigrew cut his arm and dripping his blood from the knife to the cauldron. Jade tries to reach her wand but is distracted by Pettigrew's next words.

"The Dark Lord shall rise again" he says, sinisterly says as the last drop of Harry's blood from the knife reaches the cauldron. After a silence, it bursts into flames, making Pettigrew run back away from it.

Jade and Cedric are making more effort to reach their wands, but the spell's effect is too strong for their tired bodies. The mutilated, fetus-like Voldemort is lifted into the air, slowly transforming into his grown self, and Harry's desperate screams are still surrounding the graveyard.

Once the process is completed, the Dark Lord grasps his hairless head, taking a breath of air in this moment triumphantly. "My wand, Wormtail" he motions. The rat-man hands it to him and bows deeply to his master.

"Hold out your arm." Voldemort's voice was now strong and loud but still old.

"Master. Thank you master." he breathily says as he holds out his amputated arm.

"The other arm Wormtail"

The dark lord lifts out his wand and points it to his servant's dark mark. The dark sky becomes infused with thunder and lightning, and a figure of a large skull with a snake emerging from it's mouth appears, the way to summon his servants.

Cedric and Jade looks in horror as they finally reach their wands, silently untying themselves and ran behind a grave.

The snake-like black smoke in the sky rapidly shoots down to the graveyard and several people in cloaks and skull masks stand scattered all around.

"Welcome my friends. Thirty years it's been, and yet you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed, not one of you tried to find me." he spoke, going around to each one of them and angrily slashing their masks off, making them kneel down.

He goes to one last person. "Not even you, Lucius" he says as he violently takes the mask off. Lucius kneels down.

"My lord. Had I detected any sign or even a whisper of your whereabouts." he pleas, his voice sounding restrained.

"There were signs my friend, and more than whispers."

"I assure you I never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present each day since your absence, that was my true mask." Lucius says, taking off what was left of his cover and stands up to face Voldemort, trying to convince him.

"I returned" Wormtail cautiously barges in and Voldemort goes to him saying, "Out of fear, not loyalty. Still you have proved yourself useful these past few months Wormtail." he waves his wand and a silver hand appears on Wormtail's amputated arm. "Thank you master, thank you."