𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

PROLOGUE
"I will fight for my family until my last breath."

Death

Death.

We fear it or we anticipate it.

For Andrea Labonair, also known as Hayley Marshall, she feared it, dreaded it with her entire body. She was scared of failing her unborn child the way her parents failed her, by not being there at all. So, as she watched when a supposedly human Franchesca Guerrera, killed her own bodyguard and activated her hidden werewolf curse, all that was going through her mind before a witch named Geneviene knocked her out with a spell was- Please let us be okay.

The first thing that registered to Hayley was the sound of rain as it hit the church's outside walls and glass windows. The next thing that she was being dragged by two tall figures, and the third, the liquid going down her leg, signaling that her water had broken, and her daughter was about to be welcomed into the world. A warm welcome was yet to be guaranteed if the current predicament was anything to go by.

Hayley sprung into action but was grabbed roughly by her captors, who were dragging her to the altar at the end of the church. So she begged. "Noo, Please, no!" She kept struggling, yet being mindful of her stomach.

Her screams were joined by tears as the trio of witches held her down and injected her with a sedative. Monique, Sophie Devaroux's niece, explained how by sacrificing her baby, her coven of witches would get more power. She kept repeating the same sentence, over and over again. To be reborn, we must sacrifice.

"The ancestors demand offering in exchange for power," Genevieve stated, trying to calm Hayley by whispering the words, yet the words brough no comfort in itself. "And your child will be a fine offering,"

"NOOO!!" She screamed as she was held down by more witches. Her screams of pure agony attracted the attention of her baby's father, Niklaus Mikaelson, who had been weakened after the moonlight rings he had been preparing for the werewolves, unexpectedly drew power from him. He echoed her screams as he pushed himself forward, running towards the sound of her screams.

Niklaus came rushing into the church, only to freeze seeing the state of his former one-night-stand and current friend. His blue eyes widened with fury. Hayley exhaled a sigh of relief at seeing him, confident he would save her and their baby.

One of the male witches ran towards Niklaus, only to get his head separated from his body. Monique ran around the table they had Hayley on, linking hands with another Harvest girl. They both lifted their hands, muttering a spell, resulting in Niklaus being lifted off the ground and being thrown against the wall behind Hayley, where not only he couldn't move but he also had the perfect view of a struggling Hayley.

Hayley let out a pained scream, gaining the witches attention. She kept moaning and gasping in pain as the read-headed witch picked up a dagger. "You should know this brings me no joy," Genevieve said, glancing with sad eyes to her once lover, "I promise I'll make it quick." One of the witches put a blanket over Hayley's spread legs.