𝐔𝐧𝐨

The Mourned
"I never knew I could love something so much. It honestly feels awful, like it might kill me."

༻❁༺

༻❁༺

Harold Waldorf.

He was a soft man. He loved his dear wife with all of his heart, but he had only been thinking of another girl for two days now. This other girl was always making his beating heart feel like it would fly out of his chest. Her laugh would make him smile and laugh along. And it broke his previously mentioned heart if any tears left her eyes. That girl's name was Blair.

Blair Waldorf.

His daughter.

Blair was the reason he was walking along into Central Park at 6 in the morning. Newborn Blair hated the milk the doctors prescribed for her, she would spit it out the moment it touched her pouty lips. Which was frustrating due to the price of said milk, though it wasn't much of a burden. They were extremely rich after all.

He took the shortcut back from the pharmacy, so deep in thought that he didn't hear the cries of a baby until he was passing next to a tree which seemed to be where the cries were coming from. He took cautious steps towards the tree, the shrilling cries of a baby sounding louder and louder. As he leaned over the bush in front of the tree he let out a shocked gasp.

Hidden between the bush and the tree was a basket holding what seemed like a baby. The baby was crying it's little eyes out. But at the gasp, it opened their eyes to the most vibrant green eyes he had ever seen before. The baby stared at Harold with confusion.

The man immediately grabbed the basket holding the baby and looked around. It was empty. He couldn't believe someone would leave a baby in the middle of the park this early in the morning. But what if the baby had been here for hours and no one had heard it?

He needed to do something. He balanced the bag holding the milk in one hand and held the basket with the other. He moved his eyes around the layout of the park, once again coming off empty. So he left, he walked the two blocks back to his family's penthouse. As he stepped foot in the lobby, he nodded at the Doorman, relieved he didn't question the basket, seeing as he had covered the baby a little before he walked into the building. As he got into the elevator, he uncovered the baby and let out a smile to see it smiling up at him.

He needed to stop calling it 'it', he just didn't know if it was a boy or a girl.

He looked back up when the elevator dinged and the doors opened. As he walked into his living room he was surprised to see his wife holding a giggling Blair in her arms, the newborn seemed entertained by her mothers pearls. Eleanor immediately looked up and let out a sigh of relief, "Harold, where were you? You have been gone for almost an hour and a half."

His eyes widened in surprise as he checked the clock that was in the foyer. She was right. It was ten minutes after 7.am. Never mind that. He scurried to sit next to his wife and put the basket holding the baby on the coffee table in front of them. Eleanor let out a shocked breath, "Did you kidnap a baby, Harold?"