Details

"But how are we going to get there to convince him, let alone gather humans to smuggle back to Vallen?" Amanda cried in despair.

"You'll be recognised immediately in your uniforms and you'll have to run all the way to Fayle in Wolf form. From a distance you might be mistaken for a Fox but anywhere nearer than that and it's obvious you're Wolves," Akuji added 

"And it'll take all night to run there and back, there's no way you'll be awake enough to avoid suspicion the next morning," Sylas added, downcast.

There was silence for a moment.

"The forest between Fayle and Skiyloft, how often does anyone cross it?" Etta asked slowly.

"Almost never," Amanda replied. "Except when getting more slaves."

"If we ran there this Saturday night-" Etta started.

"Wait, what's Saturday?" Sylas asked.

"Saturday, you know, one of the days of the week," Kasi responded, sounding slightly confused.

"Here the days of the week are called Firstday, Secondday, Thirdday, Fourthday, Fifthday, Sixthday and Seventhday," Akuji told them.

"In Vallen we call them Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday," Talten informed Akuji, Sylas and Amanda who nodded their heads in understanding.

"It does seem more practical to call them by the order they come in though," Etta stated. "But back to the plan, us Wolves could run to Fayle on Saturday or Sixthday or whatever you want to call it, and convince Captain... what was his name again?"

"Ferdorri. Captain Ferdorri," Talten responded immediately.

"Right, Captain Ferdorri to smuggle humans back to Vallen and maybe get the first lot off."

"That's a good plan," Amanda approved. "All we have to deal with now is your first class tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Kasi exclaimed. "How are we going to be ready by then?!"

"We can start by finding out how much they know about self defence," Kasi suggested. "The  teach them how to defend against an attack."

"As long as we don't teach them the way Wolves fight," Talten put in.

"But why not?" Sylas questioned.

"Because if we do get caught by the Sun Eagles and Moon Foxes we need to be able to fight them off. We're at an advantage right now, having 6 years more fight training than most of the elementals here but if we give our moves away we won't be able to save anyone," Talten replied logically.

That's smart! Etta thiught, impressed. I would never have come up with that on my own.

"Then let's start with self defence tomorrow and let them work out their own moves so we don't give anything away," Etta decided. "After the lesson when we have more time we can have a mock battle with Solki and Luan to see how to best fight Eagles and Foxes."

"That way you can teach the students to fight Moon Foxes and Sun Eagles rather than Wolves!" Kasi added, catching on.

"Good, now that's sorted we can get to bed," Amanda yawned.

"Good night," Kasi said as he and Amanda stood up and walked through the door that lead to his room.

"Good night!" Etta and Akuji echoed at the same time.

"Sleep well," Talten called.