"drivers license"

i took a deep breath as i pull out his contact on my phone. parking my car on his driveway, his house was dark hinting that there's no one home. it was a typical suburban house. the wall was painted a dark cream color, with a white border, following by a light grey roof. the front yard was a decent size for a family to live in.

i got my driver's license last week. and the first stop i got in mind, was stopping at his house. a bold choice of mine. i remember how excited he was for me, saying that i can drive up to his house every time i want now.

glancing down at his contact, i press the call button hesitantly. thinking whether or not it's a good idea, considering we didn't end up in a great term.

i took another breath, wiping my nose with the sleeve of his hoodie, which still smells exactly smells like him. it's a great feeling. felt like he was near me, but oh how pathetic of me longing for a boy who's already happy in his new relationship. i slowly bring the phone up to my ear.

"hey! it's corpse"

"c-corpse i'm-" i began, a soft smile growing on my face

"if you're hearing this, that means i'm out of reach, or busy, or i'm doing something else, or i'm just purposely ignoring you. you never know which one, anyways leave a message or some shit after the beep" his voice said, with a slight giggle at the end

beep

my eyebrows furrowed at this. deciding on leaving it be, i went to WhatsApp on my phone, going through my contacts and finally stopping on his.

a voice mail doesn't provide enough time for me to spill what my heart is about to say, i press, and hold on to the voice note button. clearing my throat, i began talking. here goes nothing.

"i know you won't be hearing, but it's worth trying. you might think i'm pathetic, but i'm alone right now corpse. molly is away for the weekend. i cried when you weren't around. but i have no one to talk to, so just please listen." i began as i glance slightly at his house

i laugh softly, before continuing, "and you're probably with that blonde girl, what's her name again? monica?"

i remember meeting monica when me and corpse are still together. he was so happy when he introduced me to her.

"y/n, angel? come meet my friend, monica. y/n. y/n, monica" corpse said excitedly, his arms were around monica's shoulders as he introduced y/n to her.

"hi, i'm y/n. corpse's girlfriend" y/n said nervously. monica was beautiful, she was the height of y/n's shoulder. and whether how much y/n hate to say this, but monica and corpse look good together.

monica was leaning against corpse's shoulder as they talked. it's a painful scenery to watch, but y/n didn't think much of it, "i'm monica, corpse's childhood friend" she introduced herself, grinning, showing her perfect pearly white teeth.

and i remember exactly the feeling i got when i saw her for the first time. she was way shorter than me, with long golden locks, green eyes, her nose was this cute upturned nose. ever since that she always made me doubt, "she's a good one, she's everything i'm insecure about."

"i drove by your suburbs today. well, i'm outside of your suburbs.. but i guess you're not here. god, i'm such a loser. but how could i ever love someone else?" i laugh a little at my attempt on lighting up the mood.

i paused for a while, trying to form a word. mind as well be bold now, "c-corpse i- uh, i know we weren't a perfect couple. but I've never felt this way for no one." i snort slightly at the last part, "-never thought i would ever say something like that, oh my god. and i just can't imagine how you could be so okay after our breakup. or maybe you've been wanting to do it for a while. maybe i was too blinded, i was holding you back after all this time didn't i?"