Chapter Five: Going Out

It had been three months since the big reveal party and I had a little baby bump now. I am now just over 4 months pregnant and three months engaged. For the past few months I have been planning our wedding but barely got anywhere because of the amount of stuff that had to be done. I was looking at some wedding venues and caterers when Percy came up to me.

"Hey Wise Girl," he said.

"Hi," I replied not looking away from my laptop screen.

"So," he started. "I was thinking that we should go out tonight."

"Um," I said. "I'm kind of busy right no-"

"Actually," he interrupted, which was dangerous because he knew how much I hated getting interrupted, but I let it slide for now. "I was thinking that you should go out with the girls, you know? And I can hang out with the guys-"

"Like a bachelor/bachelorette party?" I asked while staring into his eyes, trying to be intimidating, but he didn't back down. In fact, that just made him more confident.

"Yeah, but not really, just going out with friends," he said looking straight back into my eyes.

I looked back to my laptop screen. "Maybe."

"Come on Annabeth!" he protested. "It'll be good for you to get out of the house for a bit."

I considered that. It was true that I have barely been out of the house since I can work on my architect job from home, but it was kind of nice since Percy has to go to camp to teach sword fighting so I get some private time for myself. But don't get me wrong, I love it when Percy's here, it's just I need some me time. 

"Fine," I agreed.

"Good," he said. "Because I sort of, might of already told Piper, Hazel, Calypso, Thalia, and Reyna that you would meet them at Pinstack." 

I stood up. "You already told them?" I said raising my eyebrows. 

"Ok, well in my defense, I really think you need this," he said. "I mean you've been cooped up for the last couple months barely going anywhere except for that one 20 minute date we had last month."

I sighed and sat back down. "I guess you're right. Wow, never thought I'd say that."

"Hey!" he said punching me lightly. I smiled. I knew that he knew I was only teasing him.

"Well I'd better get ready if I'm going out," I said heading to our room. But as soon as I turned around  Percy grabbed my hands and pulled me close. He kissed me and I kissed him back with passion, fighting for dominance. Eventually we broke away. He looked down at my stomach and smiled, putting his hands on it. 

"Seaweed Brain, let me get ready," I laughed. He pouted but then let me go. 

I walked into the closet and picked out dark jeans, striped sweater, and fuzzy boots (It was November ok, it gets cold). I brushed my hair and put on simple gold earrings. I dabbed on some lip gloss and a bit of mascara and I was pretty much ready, so I walked out into the living room where Percy was on his phone.

"Whatcha doing, Seaweed Brain?" I asked.

"We're trying to decide where to go," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "This is why we shouldn't plan things last minute," I said.

He sighed. "I know, I know."

"You should go to a casino," I said.

He raised an eyebrow. "Really? You're fine with that."

I shrugged. "I don't know why I'm fine with that, but you should try it out."

"Alright, if you say so," Percy said.

"Also, tell one of the guys to pick you up, because I'm taking the car," I said.

"Fine," he groaned.

30 minutes later

I arrived at Pinstack and luckily found a decent parking spot near the entrance. I stepped inside the building and  scanned the area for my friends.  I found them standing in a circle between the arcade and bowling area. They were all there, which meant that I was late.

"Hey guys," I said as I walked up to them.

"Hey," they all replied.

I took a quick look at their outfits and saw that Thalia and Reyna were wearing their silvery huntress outfits with combat boots, Calypso was wearing her pink jacket, white blouse and jeans, Piper was in jeans, a tank top, and cardigan, and Hazel was wearing a cute floral dress, jean jacket and booties.

"So," I said, eyeing Thalia and Reyna's hands interlocking. "Are you guys finally dating yet?"

They looked at each other. "Um, kind of?" Thalia said while Reyna snickered.

"Well, I'm happy for you guys," I said. "Alright, I guess we should bowl."

Up until 10 pm, we stayed at Pinstack. We bowled, ate chicken wings, played games at the arcade and even went for a round of laser tag (which was so fun).

When we all were sick and tired of being there we went outside and talked in the parking lot.

"Wow, that was so fun guys," Hazel said. "We should definitely do that again."

"Yeah, it was nice," Piper agreed. "Well I should be going, I'll see you guys later."

"Okay, bye," I said. "Say hi to Jason for me."

She hesitated, then said," Actually, me and Jason broke up."

I stared at her. "Oh, I didn't know. I'm so sorry."

"Men," Reyna muttered. Thalia elbowed her.

She shook her head. "It's fine, really, I was the one to break with him actually."

"Did he do something wrong?" Calypso questioned.

"No, no, nothing like that it's just," she sighed. "I don't know, I starting feeling like our relationship was kind of forced, which to be honest, it was. Hera just put me and him together and we just kind of stayed like that. But now, I sort of realized that I wasn't always that happy being with him, and don't get me wrong, he's a great friend, but I just don't feel very complete with him. I feel like there's something about me that I haven't figured out yet, and I need some time to figure out my true self, and now I'm just rambling and I really should be going."

Well that certainly took a twist, I thought to myself as I drove home. After 25 minutes on the road, I gained the familiar sight of our apartment. I climbed up the steps and unlocked the door to find Jason, Percy, Leo, Frank, Will and Nico all in the living room.

"Hey come on, no ladies right now!" Leo complained.

Percy ignored that and walked up to me. "Hey Wise Girl, you're already back?"

"Yeah, but I thought you guys were going to go out," I said.

"About that, we tried going to a casino but it was kind of boring to be honest, so we all just came back here and watched a movie, and also maybe danced to Taylor Swift," he said.

I laughed and went to the kitchen to pour myself some water, then said to all the boys, "Don't worry guys, I'm going to be in my room, have fun."

As I headed to my bedroom, I caught sight of Jason's face. He didn't look too good, with bags under his eyes, a stubble, and a beer in his hands. I didn't say anything of it though, and just left them to their movie.

A/N

Hey guys, I'm posting this later than I would usually post (it's around 9 pm here, and usually I post before 5 or 6 pm), but I hope you like it. Again, if you have any ideas for the story, please comment them, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Also, this got 30 views haha, which is approximately 30 more than I thought I would get, so thanks for the people who read this. ok im gonna stop talking byeee

~Renee