Chapter 4: Allie

Tara was so busy with her job that she was rarely home. Being Mr. Galloway's assistant was a demanding job but Tara loved the challenge. That left me at home by myself a lot of times. Which I didn't mind, the solitude was a calming sense for me. Maybe I was old fashion but too much noise just gave me a headache.

One morning Tara was actually home when I woke up. She was rushing around like usual though. "Hey girlie" Tara said through her chaos. "Listen, can you do me a big favor? I have a package in my car that goes to a client, but I have to get a presentation done by this afternoon. Can you take the package to the client?"

"Sure. Can I borrow your car?"

"Yeah, address is on the package. Your the best." Tara disappeared into her room. I grabbed her keys off the kitchen table and headed out.

After about a month I finally got the whole masquerade party out of my head and especially the mysterious Liam Greystone. There are times he crosses my mind but not as strong as before.

As the city vanished and entered the country side I began sight seeing a little bit. These massive houses started to appear till GPS told me that I've arrived. The house wasn't a house, it was a castle. It was huge. 'God bless, wish I had this kind of money' my inner self was gawking over the place. Then I froze. My eyes caught something familiar in the garage...a black Lincoln. This was Liam's home. If I could teleport back to Tara I would strangle her. She knew how I felt about men and especially Liam. This was her trying to play Cupid. What she didn't know was I didn't want nothing to do with him. In fact I didn't want to be in the same city as Liam's.

"Admiring my car?" I nearly jumped out of my skin. Liam appeared out of nowhere. He took a step back in defense. "I apologize, didn't mean to scare you."

"It's alright" I handed him his package that he lifted with ease. Seeing him in casual clothes was a surprising difference I had to admit. "Well, it was nice seeing you again. I better get going."

"Wait" he called out. I turned back to him and he looked almost nervous but that couldn't be real. "What's the rush, want to come in for a few minutes, have a cup of coffee?"

It was almost cute on how he looked. Almost. "Sorry, but Tara needs her car back before this afternoon."

Liam grabbed my hand, not hard but it alarmed me. "Why do I feel like your avoiding me?"

"I'm not but Tara really does need her car back soon."

"Okay, then I'll come over for that cup of coffee" it didn't sound like a question but a demand.

"Do I have a choice?"

He gave a side smirk like from the party. "Not really. See you in a couple of hours. I'm pretty sure I can remember my way back to your place." He waved me goodbye as he walked back in, leaving me standing there. Dumbfounded. Did that really happen just now?

When I got back to the apartment Tara was ready to dash out with a stack of boards in her arms. I was going to let her know about Liam coming over, but she left in such a hurry that I didn't have time too. She could hear the details later when her and I saw each other again. Then I noticed the sweats and t-shirt I wore. I looked like a slob these days. So I decided to take a shower and change into more suitable clothes. Right as I got done I heard the doorbell. My clock was either too fast or Liam was early. The doorbell rang again. Someone wasn't a patient man.

When I answered the door I wasn't expecting on who I saw...Leo. He didn't know when to give up.

"If I knew you were getting dressed for me I would have cleaned up nicer" Leo was unbelievable. How I dated him I would never know. I kept myself in front of the door, blocking him from entering. "Come on baby, don't be like this."

"Don't call me baby, your not welcomed here."

"Look, it was a mistake. Give me a second chance, let me show you I've changed."

I glared pure hatred toward him. He could sense it too. "Leave. Now Leo."

Behind Leo I saw Liam walk up, his arms crossed. "Is this person bothering you Allie?" He asked.

"Look buddy, this is none of your business..." Leo trailed off after he saw Liam. Leo was a big dude, but Liam even overshadowed him. Leo looked back at me "we'll talk later."

Liam and I watched him cowardly retreat to his car. "Can I shoot him?" Liam joked as I let him in.

I laughed. "At this rate that would be a blessing."