Chapter 17: Liam

I didn't know if this was her creature or Allie. Isabelle was the easiest target if Allie wanted to attack anyone.
She looked away toward the open window and took a long breath before closing her eyes.
My hands were raised, slowly heading toward Allie. "Allie?"
She looked again at me and her eyes were normal. I kept Isabelle to the door.
Allie's lips were chapped and her skin paled. "How are you feeling?"
"Stronger" she managed to answer.
"Good. How's your beast doing?"
"Obeying."
So Allie was in control. I put my hands down, knowing she could be trusted now. She reached her hand for me and I nearly collapsed to her bedside.
"How long have I been asleep?"
I kept kissing all around her face as she played with the collar of my shirt. "For about three weeks."
"Then why do you look more horrible than me?"
I laughed. "Worrying over you has become a full time job."
Allie smiled. Then she turned her focus toward the door where Isabelle still stood. "Why are you hiding back there?"
Isabelle slowly came closer. "We didn't know how you would be whenever you woke up."
"I remember...you were holding me. You wanted me to stay awake. You gave me something. The serum." Allie remembered her last moments of being normal.
"Sweetheart, do you remember anything from when you were sleeping?"
Allie shook her head.
I made Isabelle leave the room where Allie and I had privacy.
I waited till I heard Isabelle fully downstairs. Allie seemed confused. I helped her sit up in the bed and held her close. "While I had you stitched up and your injuries taken care of we discovered something."
"What?"
I placed my hand on her flat stomach. "We're expecting sweetheart."
Her eyes began getting watery and she covered her mouth. At first I thought she was shocked but in a good way. That wasn't the case. Allie started shaking her head, denying it. Her reaction puzzled me.

-Allie-

A baby. I couldn't be. Not after I did all this transitioning and what would happen to it? Liam wrapped his arms around me, trying to confine me back to the bed. 'A young one' the beastly voice sneering through my mind. I could feel claws digging into Liam's skin as I tried freeing myself.
Everything was turning into the different scents and all I had on my mind was getting far away.
"You have to calm down" Liam was trying to tame me. "I know your scared. I am too. But were in this together. I'm not going to abandon you now, never will."
His words were soothing. It made my body go a limp in his arms. The world went back to normal around us. "Promise?"
Liam gave a gentle smile. "I promise."