~Their Golden Hearts~

Y/N was escorted to The Grotto, her eyes clouded with pain and worry. Her consciousness was slowly drifting away as the purple fluids rushed through her veins. 

"Midas...please get her out of there" Jules said as she locked the lever in place, making the large machine whir to life. "I need to give her a real apology...". She tightened a bolt with her wrench, confirming it was ready to be turned on. 

A large group of agents slid down the circular openings that rested on the top of The Grotto, releasing their grapples after reaching the ground. Each of them whipped out their weapons, ready to battle. The Shadow henchmen looked around confused with the sudden ambush.   

"Hold your fire!" Sorana shouted. A pair of doors slid open revealing her with a burst assault rifle in hand. She stepped up rather confidently.
"We need Midas and only Midas! Fire at us and we'll glady shoot back"

Midas stepped forward on the helicopter pad, looking down on her. Like a king with means to banish her from the land. 

Jules began to press buttons on the machine "Please work...Please..." she finalized the powering process. Pressing a large red button to confirm that it started working. It began to rise to the ceiling and eventually locked in place, ready to break through the building at any moment.  

Midas followed Sorana into the command room. Seeing Chaos Agent, Rue, Remedy and...y/n. His love had purple streaks under her eyes and an emotionless expression. Midas' heart sank at the realization that she wasn't herself anymore. 

"You see Midas, we live in a world where power comes before freedom. Those with power are seen as already being free, they buy through battles, get people to work for themselves, they don't even need to fight on their own" Rue explained. "But, what about those who are powerless...? Are they considered weak? Do they even get freedom? Well the answer Midas...is No. The powerless must fight for their freedom and that's we strive to do. Corruption is power! Fueled by the darkness that powers it all! You've always got what you wanted...now it's our turn for the spotlight."
"Give up yourself and we will let y/n and your agents leave the Grotto"

"Safely?" Midas questions. Chaos Agent and Rue exchanged glances but, then nodded at him.

"Safely" She echoed. 

Midas unlatched his helmet and glanced at his gloved hand. Lending his hand to Rue, she took it and happily shook it...
Sorana turned around towards a command panel and spoke through and intercom.
"All Shadow and Ghost agents, Midas has turned over his role as Ghost Agency's leader. All agents are to back down"
Midas placed his helmet back on taking a glance at Y/n's possessed body before returning outside to be greet Maya.

"Midas..? What are you?-" She was confused and almost angry.

"Jules. She said she had something planned. Make sure everyone is prepared to run". Midas whispered before walking back up to the helicopter pad.
"Midas...i can't find Skye"
Midas heard her but his gaze focused on the holes that shaped a skull in the grotto's side. As he watched the storm close in. Maya quickly realized what was happening. 

"Agents!" Midas yelled but then turned to Rue who stood near him. "Shadow will be no more!"
With his swift movement, using his hand he grabbed Rue's wrist which was ungloved, creating a small patch of gold on her skin.
She gasped as though she was offended and she jumped back.
Midas quickly returned to the helicopter pad.

"Look alive!" Maya shouted and everyone fled. No one knew it but Maya silently prayed that Skye was already there. 

Many E.G.O and Ghost Agents fled. Firing at their enemies, as they tried to save themselves from the storm. They have quite the ways to go.