Daydream

As Juliana finished her last shift on Monday night, two nights after they had been together for the first time, Valentina appeared at her car once again.

"Hey."

Juliana almost fell over, unable to stop the small squeak she made in fright. Her keys slipped from her grip, landing with a heavy clink on the road. Her eyes were wide as she watched Valentina slowly emerge from the shadows.

"Jesus, Val." Juliana's hand was clutched over her chest. "Don't scare me like that."

Valentina snorted through her nose in amusement as she offered a half-hearted apology.

"Sorry! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." She whispered, her hands reaching out, a contrite expression rising on her face. "But you didn't think I'd actually let you leave for your days off without sneaking out to say bye, right?"

Juliana bent over to pick up her keys, her heart still racing. She smirked at Valentina, unlocked her car, threw her backpack in the backseat and walked towards the girl she hadn't been able to stop thinking about. She glanced over her shoulder to make sure no-one was around before taking Valentina's hand and leading her back into the shadowy tree line.

"I'm glad you came to see me." She admitted as they walked.

"What am I supposed to do for the next three days if not annoy you?" Valentina asked with a pout.

Juliana pushed Valentina up against a tree and thrust her hips into her, relishing in the feeling of having Valentina so close again. They only had a few private moments alone since their night together, stealing hungry kisses and desperate touches whenever they got the chance. It wasn't enough, but they were mindful of being caught and didn't want to push it. So they cherished their hurried embraces and just enjoyed simply being around one another.

Valentina's arms wrapped around her neck as their lips met. They kissed sweetly, the gentle motion of their lips sliding together a telltale sign of how much they didn't want to part.

Juliana pulled back after a moment, pushing Valentina's hair behind her shoulder before resting her palms on Valentina's cheeks, their faces still close.

"I'll see you on Friday, okay?"

Valentina's eyes narrowed.

"What are you going to do with your days off?"

"What I normally do. I'll help Lupe around the house and probably do some sketching. Not a whole lot else."

Valentina clicked her tongue. "Well, I'm going to miss you."

"Mmmmm." Juliana placed a quick peck on Valentina's lips. "I'll miss you too."

Juliana stepped back and smiled at the lost look on Valentina's face.

"What's wrong?"

Valentina's face slowly morphed into one of mischief, her eyebrow quirked and lips pressed together as if she was trying to stop a smile from escaping. "Do you wanna come inside?"

Juliana chuckled and shook her head slowly, her eyes never leaving Valentina's face. The blue-eyed girl was still resting against the tree, her long arms dangling by her sides.

"No, Val. I know exactly what will happen if I follow you inside and it was hard enough explaining it last time. Javier almost caught us and I had to dodge a million questions from my mother."

Valentina shrugged one shoulder, trying on her biggest puppy dog eyes, feigning hurt. "Fine."

Juliana stepped forward, once more in Valentina's space. "You know I want to. But we need to be careful." She spoke quietly as her fingers curled the hair around Valentina's ear.