a new house

TW: DEATH, (this book is about a ghost)

george's pov:

george looks out of the uber car's window and smiles. he looks around at all of the tall trees, and smells the rich soil underneath him. he's moving today and is very proud of his decision for his new house. it's located in a forest, near a river. he's already seen photos and already knows this is the perfect place for him. he finally builds up the courage to look at his new house, and he realizes he's probably never been more excited in his life.

george had heard a bit about his new house, and who it used to belong to. the previous owner happened to have died here, at the age of 16.

poor guy, i wonder what happened to him? george thinks to himself as he starts grabbing his bags. he doesn't mind moving into a dead person's home, although that sounds extremely weird.

george thanks the driver and hops out of the car, making sure he takes all of his bags. ever since george was little, he has believed in ghosts. they had always fascinated him, even though there was no evidence they were real. although he's never seen one, he is convinced they exist. 

george's mom had told him to grow up and realize ghosts were fake, but he never stopped believing.

he walks up to the entryway, and steps onto the first stair. each step he takes, he feels his adrenaline rush more and more, until he's at the door. his heart drops as he reaches out for the door handle, and he hesitates. he's seen photos of this house, inside and out, but it's still insane that he's finally able to be here in person.

taking one last deep breath, he swings the door open.

"wow," george says out loud, gasping.

he looks at the dusty shelves, cobwebs on the roof, and the moths flying around the light.

"this, this is perfect."

george takes his first step into the old house, and the floor imminently creaks. he jumps at the sound but then starts laughing about how on edge he is.

"why am i even worried? this is my house!" he thinks aloud.

he goes up the stairs and puts his bags down by his bedroom. he instantly starts clearing away the dust, cobwebs, and other substances he doesn't even recognize. 

. . .

once the entire house is cleared, he installs better light bulbs and lays down carpets. he puts up photos and paintings that will truly make it feel like home. by the time everything is perfect and just the way he wants it to be, he sits down on his bed.

he realizes how tired he is.

"maybe i should go to bed?" he asks himself. "sure, why not."

george never realizes he speaks to himself out loud, it just helps him think clearly and process his thoughts. george lays down and finds a comfortable position. he starts to doze off, but has a bit of a hard time sleeping because of his excitement. he decides he will explore his new house more thoroughly when he wakes up.

. . .

that night, he has a weird dream.

he wakes up in a field of rich yellow grass. it's almost as tall as him, so he can barely see over it. he sees a figure standing in the distance, and something pulls at him telling him to go towards the figure.

george starts running, full speed, with no understanding why. he stops behind the person, who is a bit taller than him.

"hey george, i hope you enjoy my house, i hope it's in an okay condition for you," the person says as they turn around.

he doesn't recognize the face, but he instantly knows that this was the past owner of his house.

"my name is dream, and i hope you wouldn't mind if i stayed at my- your house," he says.

george realizes he's asleep, so anything he says wouldn't affect reality.

right?

hopefully.

"i mean, it is your house, so i guess you can stay. just- do your own laundry," george responds.

dream chuckles and nods his head.

"you're gonna wake up now, see you later, george," dream says, as the world he's in starts fading away.

-

another short chapter! i hope you guys enjoyed it!

make sure to press the star to boost my story!

words: 740!