13~ Teaching & Teatime

⊱ ────── {⋅.❾¾ ❾¾ ❾¾ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"Thanks so much for the lesson Hermione. It was so much fun, none of our teachers go into that much depth about the origins of magic. I didn't even know that Latin wasn't the first language that spells were originally created in. I think it'll be easier knowing that my wand is more of a device to control magic than magic actually coming from there. Maybe next time we should work on charms though because Professor Flitwick says I'm driving him up the wall. Of course, that was just by accident, how was I supposed to know that hatching a puffskein would cause such problems for his allergies? Anyway...See you next time," Frankie waved to Hermione while leaving the study hall.

"See you," Hermione smiled weakly in return.

Sophie looked worried when she showed up looking like she'd just fought a two-headed hippogriff. "Was it that bad?"

"Frankie's a great kid. In fact, he has the same sort of enthusiasm for learning that I had at that age."

Her friend nodded wrapping an arm around her, "But?"

"I personally have never seen that much energy in a thirteen-year-old child. He could go on forever about random topics, and he gets easily distracted," Hermione shook her head remembering all the little adventures that he got so excited about.

"Okay...But how many thirteen-year-olds have you met?"

"My cousins. I mean they don't speak to me at all. This kid speaks to everyone like he's known them for fifty years. Even then. It's a little over the top. I should've known this though, Cho did say he was a bit of a handful."

"Then you have nothing to worry about if Cho can do it I'm sure you can," she replied encouragingly.

"I can, and I will. Thanks. I'm sure Frankie would love to meet you too. Wait, don't you have an Astrology Assignment you need to prepare?"

"Oh my god, I totally forgot with everything that was going on. I need to find Luna, she must have drawn up the charts by now," Sophie rushed off in search of the rouge Ravenclaw.

Hermione shook her head, Sophie really needed to get a schedule sorted for herself. In fact, she might do that tonight. "Hey, if no one's going to help me with this damn potion prep I might as well flush the flower down the toilet."

"Daphne," she sighed organising her fleeing papers that had fallen on the floor with the force Sophie had left. Before any organisation could be done, she had to be a good friend. Doing that with Daphne being her pessimistic, and dark self would be a difficult endeavour.

"While you were baby-sitting, I managed to get this bubbling. But its green and not purple."

"Wow, even with Snape's extra help, you're just as bad as Harry is at potions."

"Not funny, now get over here and help me. Or I'll have no choice but to..."

"To what? Daphne?"

Daphne screamed, "It's bubbling, get over here, please come help!"

"I'm on my way."

13.1 Miss High Inquisitor the Second

⊱ ────── {⋅.❾¾ ❾¾ ❾¾ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Meredith and Minerva were sat at the staff table recounting tales of the past fifteen years, both happily leaving out the bad. Snape was still to tell her everything that night after supper because she forced him too. After all, she was High Inquisitor and could thereby fire any of the teachers. He was sitting beside her not joining with the conversation but rather looking out for someone in the crowd of students.