CHAPTER 1

13 YEARS BACK

When I was 5 there was this incident which took place. We were gone for a holiday to japan. I was fast asleep when my mom called out ,"Jessica, get up darling. We are going to the beach today!" I was so excited that i got ready real soon and off we went.

We had no clue what was ahead for us that day. We were all enjoying the beach. Me and Luke, my elder brother were making sand castles. Actually I was making the whole thing and he was only sitting beside me and cursing it. And my mom and dad were laying beside each other and enjoying the sun and the sound of the waves. The beach was not so crowded.

Time went by... when I had already completed my castle. I loved it. Then Luke carried me to the shore.He asked me jokingly ,"Should I throw you into this cold water?" I still remember that evilish smile on his face..."No brother", I said and then clinged to his neck holding him so tight."Don't leave me. The water is too cold." And he laughed his heart out."Yeah I will" he says and then he threw me into the water....

"Oh Luke! I'll kill you" and I swim towards him and I box him as hard as I could. "Ow Jessica... that hurt."
I smirked. But I knew that he was saying just because he wanted me to feel good. I punch him once more and then take him into a hug.

Just then I hear some kind of alarm.
I don't know what is happening.All of a sudden everyone is just running everywhere. I'm confused. I look at Luke to see the same expression on his face. He feels the anxiety in the air and he picks me up and runs towards the shore. My mom and dad were talking to a life guard there.

Luke asks dad what was happening when he comes to know that the japanese people had found out that an earthquake was going to hit the city and there is a possibility of tsunami. So they had to evacuate the whole city within minutes which was practically impossible.