Chapter 5

Luke's POV

I was still following her. She took me out of the room. Jess was still asleep.when I saw my surroundings this time, I realized that there were many more children lying on the floor. Some of them were bleeding. Some had become handicapped.

This was the worst scene I could ever see. I could not bear seeing more of this,the blood,the children with no foot or no hands... I just couldn't bear it anymore. I called out to that lady,"Please could we go a little faster or I will puke" "Yeah sure, come fast here",she said.

I could hear her voice shaking. Now even I was getting scared what was I gonna encounter. We walk across the broken down garden. All the fountains and some of the trees were broken because of the earthquake.

We reached a small cottage like room which was in the middle of this garden. The lady slowly turns around, determination on her face. Slowly and steadily she tells me everything,"Listen Luke, you will have to know this. I know this is too much to take in already but...."

"In the ear...earthquaqe...aaaa we found aaaaa....a car....and in tha....that car we found a couple....."

I stiffen up. What is she telling me. My blank expression make her more nervous... I guess...she started fidgeting with her hair.

"So??"I said at last waiting for the past five minutes for her to speak up.

She looks up into my eyes."Soo....we ac...actually f...fffound this wallet ....where I found you andy your....."

Before she could complete the sentence I fell on the ground. After that I don't remember anything. I don't know what did they do with me and jess. I don't know if I ever saw our mom and dad's bo...dy

And this was what I narrated to Jess when she was big enough that is when she was 12.

We lived at our Uncle Paul's place now. He had "Adopted" us.He had three kids. Two daughters and a son. The son, Jason was 2 years younger to me. And his sister Amy and Kelly. Amy is of my age and Kelly is of Jessica's age. Our Aunt was the most stubborn person I had ever met.

So this is my family now.

#HEY GUYS THANKS FOR READING TILL HERE.I GUESS THE PROLOGUE WAS KIND OF TOO LONG. SORRY FOR THAT. AND IF THERE ARE ANY GRAMMATICAL MISTAKES LIKE WRONG SENTENCE FORMATION OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. I'LL CERTAINLY TRY NOT TO MAKE SUCH MISTAKES. THANKS.#