Chapter 21

~Lea~

"Hello? Ate, why did you call?" I put my phone on loudspeaker, since I was changing the diaper of my baby Link.

I heard the other line sighed. "Aga left" is the only thing Ate could say. After hearing this, I felt like there was a really big wall that was placed above my chest. Sobrang bigat sa pakiramdam...

I prepared myself all this time to face him, to talk to him without awkwardness and such, but plans don't really go the way you like it.

Yes, I am not yet ready telling him that Link is his. But, we could at least fix whatever happened the last time we were together, and maybe this time, I can let him explain, so that we can have a proper closure.

"Really? What's the reason daw?" I asked with a tone of curiosity. I saw Alex and Reg entered the room and I signaled them to keep quiet because Ate was on the phone.

"It's you." I raised my eyebrows at what she said and I saw friends did, too.

"Wait, I am very confused. He went here for me, then he left because of me too? I haven't done anything to him, just to clear my side, ha? We haven't talked..." I explained to her.

"No, no. Not solely because of you, Lea. I'm guessing he went right after us in the church. Maybe he saw you with Alex because he told me na may anak ka raw sa ibang lalaki, and he's believing na that's the reason why you left." Dawn

"Wait, what?"

"He also told me na ang importante raw ay masaya ka." Her last sentence left me speechless. I swallowed hard... Hanggang ngayon, Aga? You're so unpredictable. I spaced for a bit, but my attention was immediately caught when Link cried. This is the only time I'll thank Link for crying, he saved me from that topic.

"Ate, let's talk about this some other time." I ended the call right away. I picked up Link and let him rest at my shoulder.

"Hala ka girl, pinagseselosan ako ng asawa mo. Sabihin mo na kasi yung totoo sa kanya para walang gulo." Alex lectured me.

"Asawa? Not sure." I replied.

"Oo, teh, asawa mo pa rin talaga siya kasi di niya pinirmahan yung divorce papers niyo. Hindi lang hindi pinirmahan, pinunit pa kamo." Reg teased by acting like she was tearing some papers. I was, of course, surprised once again.

"How did you know?" I asked her with my eyebrows raised.

She went near me, "I know a lot of things, Lea. I know you do, too. You're smart, you're even smarter than me, and you have a lot of common sense. Hindi ko alam kung na-tanga ka ngayon, hindi mo napapansin o sadyang hindi mo lang pinapansin." She said seriously. Alex laughed at what she said.

"I'm sorry for laughing at this kind of situation, but it's kinda true." Alex and Reg did fist bump, teasing me.

What do I not know? What am I missing? After all these times, ikaw pa rin ang gumugulo sa akin, Aga.

------------------------

It's past 1 am already and I cannot sleep. I was thinking hard on what am I missing. I turned on my iPad and visited my social media accounts. Ngayon ko na lang ulit nagawa ito. I was surprised by the amount of messages I received from different persons. I have messages from my former employees, family members, and Aga? Is this the one I've been missing out?

I opened his messages and I felt a bit of guilt not reading them earlier...

Lea? Where are you?

Lea, please answer me.

Lea, I remembered everything. Let me explain, please. Don't leave me with a letter. I don't do letters.