Chapter 7

~Lea~

Yesterday was really exhausting so I woke up later than the usual today. To tell the truth, I've been waiting for this day to come where I can say that I am stress-free because no more surprise party and no more paggising nang maaga. Don't get me wrong though, I felt fulfilled especially when I saw my father enjoying with his colleagues.

I can feel that this day will be normal and it's awesome because normal for me means games all day. Alright!

Maybe some of you are wondering why am I not working and all I do is to stay at home then play and play and play. Duh! It is because we are affluent to the point that it can sustain my needs and the needs of my grandchildren in the future! Okay, kidding!

But the truth is that my father doesn't let me do anything because it is I, who will manage our company in the future, when he decided to step down. He told me to consider this as a rest. And so, here am I making the most out of it.

Actually, it should be ate because she was the first born but she wanted to be a lawyer so I gave way and took business related course, bachelor of science in business administration major in financial management, although I really wanted to be doctor or at least a theater actor. That's my dream, to cure or to sing. I stopped singing when I graduated college because it only reminds me of my dream na hindi ko na-reach.

I stood up and did some stretchings before heading to my bathroom.

After doing my not-so-morning-routine because it's 1 pm already, I went downstairs to eat my brunch then went back to my room to start playing. I am not in the mood to play something from ps4 or xbox so I decided to turn on my gaming computer.

While waiting for the computer to turn on, I checked my phone if someone messaged me and I was shocked because M left a message. Ang aga naman. He is usually texting my number at midnight pero tanghali pa lang ngayon. I decided to open it.

From: M
It's been a month, Ms. S.
Can we meet? On Saturday at RetroRan, 4:00 pm, table 16.

Yes, you all are correct. I saved his number. I did not bother replying anymore and that's what I'm doing for a month now because first of all, I don't know him, but until now, I'm still kinikilig sa mga banat niya. Feeling jowa.

Free naman ako sa saturday so I might go. Bahala na!

My computer fully turned on so I started playing.

---

After 4 hours of playing, I turned it off then went to the kitchen to grab some food kasi inaaway na ako ng tiyan ko. I found my dad there, looking problematic while sipping his coffee. Ang lalim naman ng iniisip.

I kissed his cheek, "Hi, dad!"

He was surprised, "Kanina ka pa ba diyan, anak?"

"Ah, no. Kakababa ko lang po. What's up and why are you so down?" I pulled the chair beside him then sat in it.

"Anak, you'll get married next week." He blurted out then looked down.

"Oh, that's why. I suddenly feel sad too." I lost my appetite when I heard the news. "Why so sudden?" I followed up.

"Para ma-process agad ang merging and for more quality time with your husband." He held my left hand then caressed it gently.
"Anak, tell me your thoughts."