Chapter 6

Goddamnit

"What?" I sighed as Lane stood up as he saw Asher walk in. "What is it this time?" 

"I've found out who you are". He chuckled while placing his hands on his head.

"W...What?" I stuttered in fear. Did he really find out who I am? It can't be! If this freak show really was able to find out who I was in an hour, then I'm in huge trouble! I came here for a fresh start, not people on my case, trying to figure out who I am. Why did a Sahara have to be here? If he really did find out, then I can easily just deny it. The best thing I can do right now...is to clear my mind...

"You are..." He whispered. 

I gulped. "I am..."

"Huh? Your Selene Grant, from Sydney Australia, right?" He laughed as he walked out of the office. "See ya". Keith was staring at the ground the entire time and Link was just watching all this go about. Does this mean that he doesn't know...?  I didn't here Jessica say anything about my identity...

"Do you know him?" Lane asked as Asher was nowhere to be seen. He sat back down and took another sip of his coffee, letting out a heavy sigh. 

"Not really. I just chatted with him earlier". I sighed. 

"I see. Make sure you take any necessary precautions when dealing with him—" 

"Who are they, 'pa?" A short girl walked out from the door that led to the girls change room. She was really shy and looked a little young for someone in senior year. Her hair kept covering her face as she tried to push it back. Whatever...

"Ah! Have you met my daughter Letty? Say hi, letty". He smiled as Letty stepped towards her dad. 

"Hi..." She greeted quietly while fidgeting with her hair. Her short, mouse-brown hair. Just like her father. 

"She looks young". I said sternly while maintaining eye-contact, which just made her more nervous. Keith actually had the audacity to step on my foot when greeting her. It's not like I hate her, but she's far beneath me. I'm just doing what I usually do...

"I'm Keith Klien". He smiled. The other girl smiled too and eased her frightened expression. She then turned around towards my direction and stared at me with her innocent brown eyes. 

"What about you...? What's your name?" She smiled. She's pathetic...

"I'm Selene Grant, and my friend and I were just leaving". I said brutally. 

"Hi, Selene. I hope we can be friends". She beamed for a second before looking back down on the ground. I hope she won't be any trouble. I thought harshly as I rolled my eyes before saying goodbye. 

"Goodbye". I said nastily. I never thought that this day could get any worse. I was in such a bad mood that I wanted to just leave. It's not even funny. As I slated for the girls change room, parting ways with my brother, the Letty girl tapped my arm and handed me my uniform that I somehow forgot.

"You forgot these...! I don't see how you are going to make use of these in fencing class but..."

"F...Fencing?!" I yelped as I turned to Keith's grinning face. 

"Yeah. Every Tuesday, we fence". 

"Great!". I grinned as I pat Letty's head before I ran out. 

*

Leaving the change room was harder than I ever thought and it'd be. Especially since girls love to gossip. I was still labeled as Keith Klien's boyfriend anyway. People rolling their eyes, scowling, and scoffing at my presence simply made me happier. I don't need to socialize with these low-lifes anyway. However, the locker incident was still in everyone's mind and that was their impression of me. 

"She's Keith's boyfriend. She's crazy rich". One girl whispered. 

"I know right? Like she even decided to pay for Asher and Jessie's locker. Giving them 100,000 USD. Like, who carries that money around? Is this what they call a mad kid?" 

"I don't know, Yuri. She's strange". 

As I was heading out of the changeroom, I saw Keith there and immediately ran towards him. He was just who I need right now.

"Here". He sighed as he gave me a fencing uniform and better shoes. "We're fencing today and the shoes they provide for you are terrible". 

"When did you get the shoes?" I asked.

"I bought them at Nikke, it's right here".  

"Wait, what?"

"There's an outlet chain connected to our school. It's where most people get there uniforms and stuff". 

"Interesting". I smirked. "Anyway, thanks for the stuff. I assume you're expecting cash?" I chuckled quietly. 

"No. I didn't even buy it". He scoffed.

"What? Then who did?"

"Well, Kha—"

"What?" I barked.

"Selene! When you are as rich and handsome as me, then you can get people to do whatever you want them to do. All the girls love me and all the boys want to prove that there better than me". 

"Did you fight anyone?" I asked as I pierced into his eyes.

"Not really. It was simply an arm wrestle". He brushed off. I kept glaring at him as he started to dart his eyes around the gym. 

I sighed. "Fine, I believe you". 

"Finally". He groaned. "Anyway, I didn't know that North had friends other than Sahara". He said as he looked towards their direction. 

"Well, we're never going to associate with low-lives like them". I controlled. "Like never". 

"But we need friends here. We can't just be by ourselves". He reasoned. "Don't you think that it will be weird if we don't socialize?"

"I don't see what's bizzare about it. What's it to them anyway?" I snarled.

"Think about it, soon you'll have teachers who are gonna worry about us. Their gonna call our guardians and say that we're going to a foster home! We don't want to change our positions again. Not again". 

"It's not that big deal. Think about it like this, if we have good relationships with the teachers and staff, then they'll keep their mouths shut. Like Link". 

"By the way, I don't trust that Link dude and his stumbling daughter Letty. I think we should cut them off". 

"No way! That's a teacher-student relationship! It's necessary". I whispered boomingly. "Anyway, if it were to come to such an occasion where we are judged by the teachers, then we'll just bribe them with money like we're used to. Don't make this harder than it has to be".