𝟏

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐭𝐞
__________________________

I walk in the kitchen where mom and dad were discussing something and looked serious.

"Mamá, Papá what's going on?" I asked

Dad sighed "We have to tell her, Lillian"

I made a confused face "tell me what...."

Both went silent for a moment and began to talk.

"Valentine escaped"

My body froze.... Nothing believing or at least trying to believe that it's happening again.

"What? No, that's not possible the Cla-" I get cut off my mom.

"The Clave only found out themselves.... He's been out of prison for at least 3 days now, who knows where he could be"

I scoffed "Okay, right, so we fight him.... Take the son of a bitch down again and again, no matter what the cost is!"

Dad shook his head "no....he has built an army....he was 2 steps ahead this entire time....and who knows what could happen"

I look away "So what, your just gonna give up?"

"No...... We we're sending you to, the New York Institute w-"

I cut off mom "wait wh-"

I get cut off immediately "where, you will help the Shadowhunters and protect the mundane's-"

That was final, as I cut her off and stammered

"Wo...woah- wait, what about you? I can't just leave you guys while Valentine's on the loose, you have to leave too" I said, grabbing both my parents as they smiled.

"My love, you are all that we have left.... Ever since your, sister died we promised to not lose you too. This is for your own safety, Andrea" mom explained as I kept holding their, hands.

"I can't leave Idris.... Not without you both-" I get cut off by dad

"We'll give you some time until you get to New York......the head of the Institute will be waiting outside for your arrival"

I shook my head.... "No.... Dad- this can't happen...."

Next thing, I know there's a huge explosion in the sitting room, making me and my parents fall back.

I groan in pain as my parents pull me up "He's here, quick, to your room, dear!" Mom ordered as we quickly run to my room.

My parents shut the door as dad stands in front of the door, blocking the entrance as something was trying to get in.

"Get your stele!" Mom shouts as I stammered and quickly pull it out under my pillow.

"H...here-"

I walk over to her and panic "m...mom, what's going on???"

Before she got the chance to say anything Dad buts in.

"Lillian, you better hurry, I can't keep this shut much longer!!!" Dad grunts out as he pushed the door closed with all his strength.

Mom nods, pulling out a.... Crystal necklace?

She locks the necklace around my neck as I look down at the purple crystal.

"Y...your sister had the other half, she wanted you to have it- I....it has more power than you can imagine-" mom says, heavily breathing as I start to cry.