Chapter 32,

*Flashback.*

Cole paces around the large room yet again, stopping near the food trolley next to the expensive king size bed. He stares angrily at it, clenching his fists when his stomach rumbles even louder.

"Fuck it!" He curses, grabbing it by the handle and pulling it towards the bed.
The sight of so much food makes him salivate, chicken, bacon, bread, rice, pancakes, tea, stew, coffee and fruits all for him to choose from. A haunting image of the toasted burnt bread and cold coffee he makes for himself each morning flashes in his brain, motivating his hunger even more.

They wouldn't have kept me for so long just to poison me now right? He says in self justification.

He picks up the cutlery and starts to eat, starting with the rice. He almost swallows the first bite without chewing, adding more and more food in his mouth.

Mixed with the chicken curry stew, he makes a pig of himself.

He suddenly stops, placing the bowl back on tray.

Maybe this is what they want. If I keep eating they won't let me go. The thought terrifies him.

He pours himself a glass of water and gulps it down his throat just as the door opens and a man steps in.

"Looks like you found your appetite huh!" He says in a Sudanese accent, his smile mocking him. He's young, dressed in a suit that compliments his ebony skin colour. It's the same young chauffeur who drove Donna and Jason to their father's party, not that he would know.

"What do you want from me?" He says, glaring at him from where he's still sitted.

"Am not the one that needs you." He says. "Just doing my job."

"I've been here for two days now." Cole says, standing from the bed.

The man eyes him, judging his choice of outfit. He's still wearing the same clothes from two days ago, meaning he probably hasn't showered as well.

"You might wanna change before you meet him." He says, walking to the closet to grab something for Cole to change into.

Cole uses the opportunity to peep outside the door he's left open only to see two more men in black standing outside, and the glimmer of hope for an escape he had fades away.

The man pulls out a black minimal neck knit shirt, tapered banding long slacks and a padded jacket. From the drawers, a new boxer and a pair of socks.

"There." He says before walking towards the door again. "He'll be here in a few."

When he leaves, Cole collapses onto the bed, staring blankly into space.

Donna!

He sits up immediately when her name pops up, turning to the clothes next to him.

"She's the only reason am choosing to take a shower and wear you." He says, "I need to make sure she's okay as soon as I get out of here."

After a quick shower and changing into the new clothes, he sits on the bed, and waits for the so called 'he' to arrive.

The door opens, and two men in black suits walk in. A second later, a protruding belly and it's owner, a middle aged man he knows too well.

Gasping, he stands up from the bed, his heart racing as the man approaches him.

She really is the governor's daughter.