Chapter 9,

Getting more worried with each step, Cole rushes towards her house and impatiently presses on the doorbell. He rings the doorbell again as he waits until he hears the knob turn that he steps away and waits.
It's Tina.

"It's you!" She says racking him up and down with a disgusted expression.

"Where's she?" He asks. Tina just stares at him like it's bizarre for him to care.

"I get it, I messed up. " He says. "Am here to clear things up with her. "

"Open relationship Cole?" Tina asks. "You hooking up with random bitches would hurt her less than that."

"Is she in her room?" He asks instead, trying to step in but Tina blocks him.

"She went out with her parents, they trusted me not to let any strangers in. " Tina says.

Shaking his head, he gently pushes her out of his way and proceeds inside, changing into a pair of sandals quickly before stepping into the living room and up the stairs to Alicia's room. He spots Kim in the living room as he walks up, playing video games.

Alicia has to be home, her parents are not crazy enough to leave two hormonal teenagers of opposite genders alone in their house.

"Ali!" He calls her softly, leaning against the door. "I didn't see you at school today, I was worried." He adds.

Ali remains silent, curling up in her bed the more he continues talking as the tears well up again in her eyes.

"I was a jerk to you and I admit it," he adds, hoping she can hear him. "You are right, I haven't been nice to you. "

"Go away!" Her voice says faintly from inside making him stand upright, now more determined than ever to get to her.

"I'll do whatever you want me to do Ali." He adds, fidgeting with the doorknob.

"Don't come in, I look horrible. " she says which makes him smile a little.

"You'd roll in mad and I'd still call you pretty," he says which makes her smile.
"Am coming in, okay?" He says. Ali remains silent. "Don't be mad if I walk in, I can't bear just standing here."

Hesitating, he slowly turns the knob and walks in, sighing when he sees her curled up in bed on the farthest side. He walks over towards her, going around the bed to sit at the edge of the bed.

"Hey!" He greets her, softly removing the hair covering her face before touching her skin. She doesn't say anything even though she's secretly glad he came. " I'm really sorry. " he adds, genuinely.

"You hurt my feelings. " She finally speaks up, her eyes glancing at him briefly.

"I didn't mean to." He says. "I want to hug you, if that's okay. "

She finally looks up at him, meeting eye contact with him. His thumb is still running circles on her skin. "Do you like her?" She asks.

"What!" He gasps, chuckling like she asked the craziest question on the planet. "I like you."

"Then why do you always dump me for her?" She asks, moving under her blankets to lean on the headboard. He adjusts too, facing her with his whole body and taking her hand in his.

"I didn't want to tell anyone before word got out but...uh I was caught stealing a controller from the institution by Monsiuer and he asked me to help her in her french as punishment."

"You stole a controller?" She asks, baffled.

"Kim lost two of mine, I wasn't about to buy another and I needed it," he says. She chuckles. "Besides, such memories are fun in future." He adds.

"Why would he ask you to tutor her?" She asks. "I don't like her. "

"That's what I want to know too. " he says, looking down at their hands before planting a kiss on her knuckles. Her heart melts at his simple gesture, the smile on her face showing it. "Don't worry about her, she's nothing compared to you, you know that right?"

"That's why I wouldn't get why you kept ditching me for her." She says.

"Don't tell anyone though." He tells her. "I said what I said because you caused a scene in class and I didn't want to get in trouble again. Just ignore her from now on, okay?"

"I'm sorry too, I thought she was stealing your attention from me." She says in a pout.

He chuckles, "don't be ridiculous." He says, climbing on the bed next to her and pulling her towards him. She obliges, moving to embrace him.

"And fyi, we are not in an open relationship anymore, that was a long time ago." She adds, lifting her head to look at him. He smiles in response, before planting a soft kiss on her lips.
_____
"The calm after the storm." Kim says dramatically, walking up to Cole who seems deep in his thoughts.

He sighs, looking out the balcony once again as he swirls the drink in his hand before taking a sip.

"What was the excuse this time?" Kim asks, standing next to him.

"I never realised things between Alicia and me got pretty serious." He says instead. Kim sighs.

"Was she a distraction?" He asks. Cole laughs nervously, taking another sip from his drink.

"She was never a distraction." He says.

"What about Donna?" Kim asks. "Is she a distraction?"

"I don't know. " he admits after a while. "She just bothers me. "

"She's pretty mysterious to resist for someone who's trying to hide from his own demons you know?" Kim says.

No sooner is he done speaking than Cole throws the glass to the ground in anger, shattering it into pieces.

"Fuck off Kim!" He says before storming back into the house. Kim sighs calmly, unfazed by Cole's sudden outburst.

Or is it the calm before the storm? He thinks to himself.
____

Later that night, before going to bed, Donna pulls out her French book and decides to go through it. It feels like she sounds different even in her head than before as she reads, now that she has some listening experience.

Cole has done it again. She can't help but think.

She likes the way she sounds, feeling defeated by her mother that she is beginning to fall in love with the language after all. She had thought she'd hate it and eventually have her mum ask her to drop the class instead of humiliating herself.

Guess she was wrong.

______

Things are getting pretty intense huh! Let me know your thoughts so far in the comments down below people.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me on Wattpad for updates.

Have a nice day/night.