Chapter Four: Are those chairs made of fucking gold?

Kitson opened the door opening my view to a entryway. The floor was a checkered marble. In the left corner, a massive marble staircase looped up to the second floor. Another room opened up to the left and right. There
weren't doors to those rooms, just massive archways with white trim. I could see that the room to the left was a living room. There was a piano, couches, tapestry on the wall, a tv, things like that. The room past the right archway was a big ass dining room.

"Are those chairs made of fucking gold?" I whispered to Kitson. He laughed. "You don't have to whisper, you know." He said, amused. I ignored him.

Below the staircase was a hidden door. I could see the doorknob from hear with my heightened vision. It was crazy how well my senses were even when I was in human form. They were still nothing compared to my senses in wolf form. I was guessing the hidden room was either an office or a library.

The door opened and a tall, dark skinned woman walked out. She had had box braids that were pulled up into a high bun. She wore a gray cardigan and black skinny jeans. She also had gold hoop rings. She was gorgeous to say the least.

I saw a glimpse of the room behind her. It looked like some kind of study. There were very old books and candles around the room.

It's most likely where they do their spells or research about them, Alex said.

It did make sense. I bet that they used magic to unpack this quickly. I mean it looked like they had been living here forever, not that they just moved in a week ago.

"Kitson who is this?" His mom asked, walking near them. "Hello, I'm Mrs. Berethnet." She said, outstretching her hand. "Hello, I'm Amaranthine, one of Kitson's friends." I said shaking her hand. Firm handshake.

"Friend you say?" She asked looking at Kitson. "I didn't think he would've able to make friends that easily." She chuckled.

"Mom!" Kitson whined.

We both laughed at his reaction. "Well I guess I was just drawn to him."
I said jokingly. She glanced down at my thumb ring. Her eyes widened in pure
shock.

Ooooo! She knows!!, Alex sang in my head.

She pointed a shaky hand at my hand. "Where did you get that ring, sweetie?" She asked in pure....... happiness.

"Oh, this? It was my fathers." I said, lifting up my hand. "Do you think I could look at it for a second?" She asked politely. I pulled the ring off of my thumb, setting it down on her open palm.

She examined the ring for a moment.
"Mom what is so important about Mare's ring?" He asked in confusion.

"Victor!" She yelled out to her husband. A tall bald brown skinned man came out of the same study, wearing a white dress shirt and black dress pants.

"What is wrong honey?" The moment he took in the scene, his jaw dropped. I guess Alex was right. Kitson's parents would be able to sense my wolf.

Uhhh, of course I'm right, Alex said.

"I thought all the werewolves died." Mr. Berenthnet said.

"Werewolves?" Kitson repeated, confusion evident in his voice.

"You are even of Alpha blood, aren't you?" Mrs. Berenthnet asked in astonishment.

I nodded my head, smiling sheepishly.
"I have so many questions right now. Will someone please tell me what is going on?" Kitson asked.

"Your friend here is the last known werewolf on this earth. She is also an Alpha." Kiston's dad said.

"Wait you mean werewolf as in the werewolves that were killed off by a poison 13 years ago?"