Her Pain

A/N

No matter how strong the person outside they still have that soft side that no one can see only the people that can still look even the beast come out on you...

Wheein POV

She grabbed the can of beer and drink while still working on her laptop. She leans on her chair and removes her glasses and gently massages her eyes... tones of work. I'm tired but I need to finish this so I can take a rest tomorrow. It's Sunday and I want to visit Mom I never got a chance to come to her in a while I was so busy with this new client.
Her eyes started getting teary but she just brushes it off and have a deep sigh.

"See you, tomorrow mom..." I whisper.

I was about to finish my work when I heard the doorbell ring. I look at the monitor and saw a delivery man. Confused. I don't order anything. I went downstairs and saw her receiving the food delivery. I am shocked for a while with her presence I thought she had already left.

"Why are you still here? I thought you already leave? And what's that? My brows furrowed looking at the food container.

She just smile timidly and went to the kitchen. I followed her and felt my stomach crumble as its delicious smell reached my senses. Watching her doing that thing like a good wife.."Good wife?!!!" I shake my head to push away that silly thought.

" Ms. Jung. I just ordered some food If  I cook it, it'll take some time so I just ordered. Do you eat Samgyetang?

I paused for a while it's been a long time since I tasted that food. Cause it gives her a good and painful memory.

" I don't eat that kind of food. You can take that with you. I don't want to see that on my fridge. You may take your leave, it's past your working hours."

I saw her face get sadden and sealed the food container lid back. I feel sorry for her silence, Was I too harsh on her?

"Well, I never as her to buy that food for me"I just left and went back to my room.

I went back to my room and back to work drinking my beer. After I finish my work I felt hungry as all I have was that sandwich she gave me. I went down to the kitchen to cook some ramyeon when I saw some food on the table and there's a sticky note.

Ms. Jung.

Hope you like it. always eat on time.

                                                    Hyejinie    

My heart was touched by that simple note. Sojeong was sweet also but she never felt like this. Sojeong was caring and sweet. that's why it saddened me when she left her work for her husband. I even said I will double or triple her salary but still she chose love. Well, marriage is a different matter. She will be starting her new life.

As I looked at the food I felt hungry and started to eat. After a while, I already emptied my plate and smiled at myself. I put the plate on the sink and went to my room. The hired helper will take care of that in the morning. I take a sleeping pill to have a good sleep.

In the morning I wake up early to visit my Mom. I was about to leave when the doorbell chimed. I open the door and I'm startled to see Hyejin.

" Why are you here?"
She just looks back with questioning stares.

" I'm working for you right? Am I late?  She said as she looked at her watch.

" What I mean is, it's Sunday you won't have to be here."